If you could change careers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Preachin' to the choir. Fear of the unknown is the greatest fear of all though.
    The wife and I are talking through it all every day... and she knows that it really comes down to me. She is incredible and if I say I need to do this she'll pack a bag. I know we'll end up exactly where we're supposed to be... it's just going to take a bit to process and work out.
    I can relate to this currently, but the biggest thing for me is that me and the wife have 2 kiddos - so its a whole lot different than if it were just me and her. We really like the schools and activities they are in, so it makes it tough to just up and move. Not impossible, just tough.

Since I got laid off recently from the O&G field, I am considering my options. Luckily I have some time to look around and I don't have to go back to work immediately. I imagine I will get back into it at some point, I actually enjoyed what I did.

Comment

• Matt, I don't regret moving to Colorado a bit, do it. I was able to stretch what I made up there because I did a lot more that was free and nature based and wasn't having to fund being numb.

Comment

• I'd change from being an internet troll, to a paid internet troll
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Lol wait...im confused. Are you saying no one outside of academia does real work? Man id say the sentiment in the "real world" is far and wide the exact opposite. Hence the "those who cant...teach"
          I'm making a joke about working economists.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
          X