Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any mechanics looking for work at a dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any mechanics looking for work at a dealer?

The job forum seems kinda dead. My buddy is having a hard time finding applicants so I told him I would spread the word. He is working himself into an early grave. Hard to get any applicants, much less qualified ones. The young ones can't stay off their damn phones during working hours and don't have the balls to take on work without having someone hold their hand on every step. If you know anyone with Ford/GM tech experience, try Southwest Ford/GM in Greenville.

I have heard a number of mechanics say they would never work for a dealership again (after having done so), because of the way they are paid and such, and how that has been changed over the years.

I've never done it, so I don't recall all of the details, but I know a number on here have and will probably be able to explain.

But based on that, it sounds to me like all of the fucked up dealer policies that negatively impacted their mechanics is now starting to bite them in the ass. Good, experienced mechanics won't work for them, and they are stuck with the kids in the new generation that cannot go 5 minutes without fiddling with their phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I have heard a number of mechanics say they would never work for a dealership again (after having done so), because of the way they are paid and such, and how that has been changed over the years.

I've never done it, so I don't recall all of the details, but I know a number on here have and will probably be able to explain.

But based on that, it sounds to me like all of the fucked up dealer policies that negatively impacted their mechanics is now starting to bite them in the ass. Good, experienced mechanics won't work for them, and they are stuck with the kids in the new generation that cannot go 5 minutes without fiddling with their phone.
      that.

and to add to it, good techs are taken care of (generally) pretty well so they dont want to leave.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

And this is why I avoid dealerships after purchasing a vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          they are stuck with the kids in the new generation that cannot go 5 minutes without fiddling with their phone.
          this

sooooo much of this. It really is a habit that is interfering with production and quality work.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            this

sooooo much of this. It really is a habit that is interfering with production and quality work.
            I cant believe anyone would do anything not related to the task they have been assigned during working hours.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I cant believe anyone would do anything not related to the task they have been assigned during working hours.
              No shit, right? This ain't no gravy train!
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can't either. It's all work work work for me. all day everyday

Comment

Agreed. It's just a good thing everyone posting in this thread is a billionaire train/truck driver that no longer has to work during the day.

Comment

I kinda miss working in a dealer. Once you get familiar with the lineup makes life easier. Going from working on a fiat then into a motor home can be a pain(think the breaking bad RV is here). But it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
                      I kinda miss working in a dealer. Once you get familiar with the lineup makes life easier. Going from working on a fiat then into a motor home can be a pain(think the breaking bad RV is here). But it is what it is
                      We will take you back Kevyn but don't expect to go to training.
                      Originally posted by Marisa
                      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

I'd go back to a dealership but only as a drivability or transmission tech and I'd want an apprentice and they can shove rotating Saturdays up their ass. So in other words I'm not going back to a dealership.

Comment

I just dont care to work on cars anymore. I use to hate 1/2 day every 4th Saturday. Now I work every weekend. Money was always good but after almost 8 years I was ready to leave. I was master Mazda and Isuzu certified So bumper to bumper. I preferred dealers because it was mostly late models and most were upkept.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I got tired of the dealership politics years ago. They want to get customers in and out faster so they hire more techs, young ones at that that don't know jack shit, but then the average of hours run through the shop don't go up much. So basically everybodys hours end up going down. The last interview I went on I told them I needed a base minimum of $500 a week, or my flat rate hours, whichever was greater. Of course they didn't go for it, but if I'm going to work in a shop again I'll never be standing by my box making 0.
                            "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

I cant believe anyone would do anything like post on dfwmustangs during working hours.
                              I know, right?
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X