Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 operation cherry blossums at night-infected fleas to kill US citizens

I just heard about this on youtube.
    Cliff notes- Japan was planning on dropping infected fleas on the west coast to kill us. We nuked them a month before they did.

During the last months of the war, Ishii was preparing for a long-distance attack on the United States. This operation, codenamed "Cherry Blossoms at Night", called for the use of airplanes to spread plague over Southern California at night. The plan was finalized on March 26, 1945. Five of the new I-400-class long-range submarines were to be sent across the Pacific Ocean, each carrying three Aichi M6A Seiran aircraft loaded with plague-infected fleas. The submarines were to surface near San Diego and launch the aircraft towards the target, either to drop the plague via balloon bombs, or to crash in enemy territory. Either way, the plague would then infect people in the area and kill perhaps tens of thousands. The mission was extremely risky for the pilots and submariners, likely a one-way kamikaze mission. A pilot under the command of Ishii, Ishio Kobata, recalled the plan in 1998:

Few odd ones in here.

The Second World War witnessed the introduction of hundreds of cutting-edge and often bizarre weapons, many of which became quite famous. But there were plenty of others that never got the same kind of notoriety. Here are 11 weapons from WWII you probably never knew existed.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I love it when I read the articles by the liberal pussies who say we shouldn't have bombed them. We should have bombed them ten times just for the hell of it after the shit they did.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

The Japanese were truly evil bastards.

They dropped clay pots filled with wheat and fleas infected with plague over remote villages early in their war with China. They carefully designed an explosive charge that would blow up the pot before hitting the ground to maximize the spread of disease while minimizing the number of fleas killed. These weapons were long rumored but were not confirmed for decades.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Any time someone tries to portray the Imperial Japanese as anything but evil, I refer them to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

My grandfather was in the PI at the beginning of the war. He saw them herd villagers off cliffs to avoid wasting the ammo to shoot them. He later participated in the Bataan Death March and spent 3-1/2 years in a prison camp. He was not a fan.
          You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

Yeah, there is a reason old timers fully hate the "japs" to this day
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I love it when I read the articles by the liberal pussies who say we shouldn't have bombed them. We should have bombed them ten times just for the hell of it after the shit they did.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

Working...
                X