Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    I'd add Ziegenbock, for no other reasons than it is really hard to find outside of TX and is better than Shiner.
    You commie bastard!!! Picking a anheiser rip off over a properly delicious texas creation? Shiner takes the cake.
    Although I have tried it and don't hate the taste, this is the reason I won't buy/drink it.
    You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Comment

Tried a few arrogant bastard was horrible imo.

Comment

I'd add Ziegenbock, for no other reasons than it is really hard to find outside of TX and is better than Shiner.
        It should be impossible, legally at least. They only distribute it in Texas since it was developed specifically to put Shiner out of business. It along with Miller 64, Bud Select and PBR are usually the cheapest kegs you can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          It should be impossible, legally at least. They only distribute it in Texas since it was developed specifically to put Shiner out of business. It along with Miller 64, Bud Select and PBR are usually the cheapest kegs you can buy.
          Yep, the bud guys used to hammer me hard with cheap ziegen to take shiner off my tap beers. I never gave in. I only had a handful of people ask for ziegen, I didn't ever keep it on hand.

Also, you can't make it out well, but that's a shiner in my hand.
          <====

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Yep, the bud guys used to hammer me hard with cheap ziegen to take shiner off my tap beers. I never gave in. I only had a handful of people ask for ziegen, I didn't ever keep it on hand.
            Its pretty regular now.

The local Pizza Hutt even has it on tap.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Its pretty regular now.

The local Pizza Hutt even has it on tap.
              Right, because it's cheap as hell. Like 2/3 to 1/2 the cost of a keg of shiner.

Comment

I've never cared for Shiner, but Ziegen Bock was my goto beer in college and still makes its way into my fridge from time to time.

Isn't Michelob Amber Bock pretty much identical to Ziegen and sold everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  Right, because it's cheap as hell. Like 2/3 to 1/2 the cost of a keg of shiner.
                  Now I see how they can afford me to camp out with $1 drafts after 8pm.

Comment

Right now Shiner is $144.95 and Ziegenbock is $117.95 at Parkitmarket. It's exactly $2 cheaper than all the normal big beers and exactly the same as Natty Light.

PBR is almost always the cheapest beer available with Lonestar, Miller High Life and 64 being within a couple of dollars.

Comment

Live Oak Big Bark Amber Lager

The clean, dry lagers of Vienna provide inspiration for our Big Bark Amber Lager. European malted barley lends it a soft body with a depth of malty richness and aroma. Small additions of noble hops gently balance characteristics of the malt. Cold fermentation and conditioning assure a beer with a clean finish, showcasing the interplay of the malt and hops. A beer of fine malt character and subtle hop nuance, it is accessible, smooth, and satisfying.

OG: 12.4ºP ABV: 4.9% IBU: 25

Live Oak Primus

Dark and cloudy, Primus Weizenbock marries the rich, malty flavors of bock beer with the fruity and spicy flavors of weizenbier. Brewed with significant contribution of wheat malt, Primus features a subtle warming alcohol character. Dark roasted malts impart notes of chocolate, caramel, and toffee in concert with flavors and aromas of clove, banana, and vanilla contributed by the Bavarian yeast strain. Primus is a rich, complex beer perfect to enjoy on a winter night.

OG: 18.0ºP ABV: 8.0% IBU: 10

Comment

Originally posted by Goku025 View Post

Live Oak Primus

Dark and cloudy, Primus Weizenbock marries the rich, malty flavors of bock beer with the fruity and spicy flavors of weizenbier. Brewed with significant contribution of wheat malt, Primus features a subtle warming alcohol character. Dark roasted malts impart notes of chocolate, caramel, and toffee in concert with flavors and aromas of clove, banana, and vanilla contributed by the Bavarian yeast strain. Primus is a rich, complex beer perfect to enjoy on a winter night.

OG: 18.0ºP ABV: 8.0% IBU: 10
                        This beer literally changed my life as it was the first beer I ever actually enjoyed. I had it in the same session as a 512 Pecan Porter and absolutely loved them both but the Primus was definitely a cut above. A really good looking bartender at the FW Saucer named Ellie recommended it.

Comment

This beer literally changed my life as it was the first beer I ever actually enjoyed. I had it in the same session as a 512 Pecan Porter and absolutely loved them both but the Primus was definitely a cut above. A really good looking bartender at the FW Saucer named Ellie recommended it.
                          Sounds like Ellie served you well. I use to drink nothing but bud light and miller lite and since moving to Austin, I have tried all sorts of new beers and seasonal ones. I ended drinking 4 of these at a pub and was REALLLLY feeling it. It went down so smooth and I cannot wait for november to roll around again.

Comment

This beer literally changed my life
                            Never had it. Must find it now.

Comment

Alternative title for this list: pretty good beers from breweries who make better beers than what we've listed here. Oro de Calabaza, Grapefruit Sculpin, and Hog Heaven are the winners off of this list; Arrogant Bastard is a head scratcher. Replace Tank 7 with Love Child No. X. KBS is perennially solid. Haven't had any Hill Farmstead, but nothing but rave reviews from guys in the Northeast on their stuff.

Comment

Yeah thats a pretty bad list as a supposed top 33 in all honesty.

Comment

Working...
                                X