GoFundMe for a fellow enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoFundMe for a fellow enthusiast

Many of you know Patrick Hellard... He was involved in a motorcycle accident and ended up with a broken jaw and fractured vertebrae.

He and I work together, and he has been out of work for almost a month now. Our employer has already paid out his vacation and personal time, so now he isn't getting paychecks anymore.

They have agreed to maintain their portion of his insurance, but he has to continue paying his portion. Along with that, he has his regular bills, plus the piling medical bills from his accident. Co pays, deductibles, etc.

I want to help him out... Someone suggested this GoFundMe thing, so I'm giving it a shot.

He is hoping to be cleared for work in the next 4 weeks.

If you can help out, I really appreciate it. He has been a Mustang guy most of his adult life. In fact, I hired him because he drove a foxbody lol. Turned out to be a good choice. He has a very strong work ethic and just wants to get back to normal. But he is stressing big time over money.

Thanks for listening. And thanks for helping him out.

If you know him... Please don't say anything about this yet. My wife and I want this to be a surprise if possible.

Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns. If you have done one of these before, I'm open for tips on how to make sure this goes successfully.

Thanks again!

I don't recognize his actual name. What is his s/n here?
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Your employer doesn't do Short Term Disability or FMLA?

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
        FMLA doesn't cover any cost, just holds your job for you. Short Term is an employee elected service they have to pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          I don't recognize his actual name. What is his s/n here?
          I don't think he's on here. He was on dfwstangs but I don't know what his name was over there.

He worked on a fox out of Arkansas. Think the dudes name was David Ball. I'd ask, but don't want to raise suspicion.

A few guys from HPP know who he is. He's also well known in the DFW5.0's FB group.

Whiteboy knows him well too... I think they stalk each other because they always seem to find each other in public no matter what city they are in.
          Last edited by danielhv; 06-12-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWtechie View Post
            We don't qualify for FMLA because none of our branches have over 40 employees.

And he didn't have short term. He learned a lesson from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              FMLA doesn't cover any cost, just holds your job for you. Short Term is an employee elected service they have to pay for.
              Correct. Unfortunately he didn't elect for STD OR LTD. I think he realizes why they are important now!

Of course I didn't either till I married my wife. She works for an employee benefits company so she made me.

Comment

Oddly enough, ive always elected for STD and LTD at the max amount because i know of something goes wrong its most likely a serious accident. And i try to pick the health plans with the best emergency room coverage. Between karting, dirt biking, shooting and other physical activities...i would expect an issue to put me out a few months. I wish they would educate people better on that.

Comment

Also...best of luck to your friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X