Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWDMD? Road rage edition

What would dfwmustangs do?

Everyday for work I commute from west fort worth to Irving where I take the Express way.

Soo today as I'm on the merging lane on to the express way behind a semi and f150.

As it become two lanes, a black Mercedes zips by and i signal to follow behind. Meanwhile the f150 wanted to do the same thing without a signal and me already in the lane. He gets behind and tailgates me, all i see in my mirror is the grill of an f150.

I'm already 1 car off the Mercedes, and as Mercedes switches lanes, I accelerate and he's still on my ass, until he gives up at 100 ish, where i continue on

I think it's over, apparently not, 5 miles down the road i'm behind some traffic and he's raced to caught up. Back to tailgating me, then switches lanes cuts me off then brake checks me at 75 ish. I switch lanes then he's swerving into my lane. But i don't budge, I accelerate while giving him the thumbs up.

He cuts off some other people to get behind me again as we merge on to 183. He pulls next to me and proceeds to yell at his window that's up, as is mine. I politely wave. He gets fed up drives off to cut another person off and almost rear ending a semi.

Soo the question is, wwdmd? I know i was speeding, i shouldn't of egged him on but what would of been my options?

I have a dash cam as well, i'll upload it later tonight

tl:dr road rager gets mad that i beat him to a lane change, catches up to me 5 miles later, only to brake check and swerve into me.
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

I probably would have exited and pulled over somewhere.

Comment

I just roll on with pistol in hand in case they want to get stupid.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I like to blow a kiss to the super-aggro types. Really seems to calm them down.

Comment

I'd be calling 911 as soon as he started swerving at you, and would probably get off the road. Engaging crazy fuckers like that just isn't worth the risk. Too many short tempered fucks shooting at people in these situations lately.

Comment

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

With road ragers you have two options.

Best option in my opinion:
              Get whatever you have for self defense ready and try to avoid them/not escalate their anger.

However, the DFWM way would be to just pull out your M16A1 with custom 1000 round magazine, unload on full auto until the vehicle can no longer proceed. Then heel stomp his corpse into a bloody pulp. High five the po-po that show up and go home.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

You can have some fun by pretending to be on the phone with the police. Make sure he sees you as you slowly mouth his license plate.

Comment

It's all fun and games until you're re-reading about what happened in a police report, news story, or insurance claim.

Comment

Don't get involved. If either one of you were to crash into eachother or someone else and eyewitnesses saw you two going back and forth you could go to court and you could get sued depending on the outcome. Ain't worth the dick measuring contest.

Comment

No acknowledgement of any kind.
                      Wanna tailgate? Fine, what is the minimum legal speed on the road in question?
                      Wanna brake check me? Good luck getting the opportunity.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                        I accelerate and he's still on my ass, until he gives up at 100 ish, where i continue on
                        Clearly the best option is to see if he wants to race from a 100 roll. Problem solved.

Comment

I usually make the jack off gesture with my hand, but I don't know what I would do if someone was road raging!

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I just let those idiots pass me.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor
                              No acknowledgement of any kind.
                              Wanna tailgate? Fine, what is the minimum legal speed on the road in question?
                              Wanna brake check me? Good luck getting the opportunity.
                              This x3

Comment

Working...
                              X