No announcement yet.

Airstream trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I wasn't considering towing at all when I bought the truck. A travel trailer certainly wasn't on the map.

I was just looking under the truck, confirmed that it has a 3.21. But also confirmed that it has a tranny cooler..

Comment

Gear swap is easy, I wouldn't let that limit you.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cummins time.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Gear swap is easy, I wouldn't let that limit you.
          Easy, but ridiculously expensive on a 4th Gen Ram.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post

If you have a Quad Cab w/Hemi you're looking at 6,600 lbs. with 3.21, 8,600 lbs. with 3.55, and 10,100 lbs. with 3.92
            Hey man, you sure it's 6600 with the 3.21? Everything I'm reading is 7600lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Hey man, you sure it's 6600 with the 3.21? Everything I'm reading is 7600lbs..
              What year is your RAM? Quad Cab or Crew?

Comment

2014 crew with v8 and 8speed tranny.. 4x4 and air suspension..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  2014 crew with v8 and 8speed tranny.. 4x4 and air suspension..
                  Ah. I was looking at a different year and at the 65RFE 6 speed.

Your number is correct. 7,600 lbs. for Longhorn & Laramie Limited 4x4. 7,750 for Laramie. 7,850 for the Sport.

However, RAM standardized their tow ratings for 2015 models. Essentially, your same truck is now tow rated at 8,000 lbs. max trailer.

Comment

Saw this one posted this morning....

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      Ah. I was looking at a different year and at the 65RFE 6 speed.

Your number is correct. 7,600 lbs. for Longhorn & Laramie Limited 4x4. 7,750 for Laramie. 7,850 for the Sport.

However, RAM standardized their tow ratings for 2015 models. Essentially, your same truck is now tow rated at 8,000 lbs. max trailer.

Good, I'll just focus on sticking under or very close to 7000lbs..

Thanks.

Comment

they hold there value, When I was with manheim those damn thing amazed me at what they brought. That is about all I know though.

Comment

The crappiest new offering from Airstream is the Sport ^^ starting at $43k MSRP.

I don't understand why Airstreams cost so much, but they are easily the most expensive brand on the market and they seem to retain their value.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

The crappiest new offering from Airstream is the Sport ^^ starting at $43k MSRP.

I don't understand why Airstreams cost so much, but they are easily the most expensive brand on the market and they seem to retain their value.
                            They do build a very good product. However the price is being driven by demand right now, which is very high..

Comment

Speaking of Airstream, one for their motorhomes popped up for sale....
                              1988 AIRSTREAM MODEL325 - $24900

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                                Speaking of Airstream, one for their motorhomes popped up for sale....
                                1988 AIRSTREAM MODEL325 - $24900
                                http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/5126474682.html
                                Yea, I've seen a few that are REALLY nice. The main drawback, as with any Class A, is that you pretty much need a tow vehicle. No need for that with a travel trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X