So, I'm engaged again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I'm engaged again

Yep. Pretty crazy circumstances, but it is what it is. Never planned this, but life is funny.

Filed for divorce in April of last year. Rekindled a friendship that turned into more in mid June. Divorce was final in October, we moved in together in December. Popped the question this weekend.

Say what you will, but I am happier than I have ever been in my life. We've known each other for 16 years (were friends in high school). Hadn't seen or talked to each other in almost 9 years. It was like we picked up where we left off, never missed a beat. We've been together for a year. Zero fights. Little disagreements here and there that are always resolved quickly and calmly.

I honestly can't complain about a thing. Dinner is ready when I get home. She cooks, cleans, etc. and doesn't really spend money on anything. She is the one that told me I needed to get another corvette because I deserved something fun. Her idea of a great date night is pizza at home, wine, and get naked.

We both enjoy antiques and the stories/history behind items. She wanted an antique wedding ring, so I found a really nice old setting and replaced the shit stone with a nice one. 1.05cttw, VVS1, F color

Commence with the shit talking

right on.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Why? I get so confused on people's obsession to marry. What do you gain that differs from a unmarried long term relationship?
      Last edited by beefed88; 07-06-2015, 10:00 AM.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
        Why? I get so confused on people's obsession to marry. What do you gain that differs from a non-married long term relationship?
        taxable status?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
          Zero fights.
          Er... you've been together for less than a month. The fights will happen, it's just a matter of whether or not you can reach a compromise.
          You have a pretty hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Er... you've been together for less than a month. The fights will happen, it's just a matter of whether or not you can reach a compromise.
            You have a pretty hand.
            Reading comprehension > you

Never said we won't ever fight, I said that we've been together for a year with zero fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              You have a pretty hand.
              He said they've been together for a year. Just FYI if you guys never fight then that's not good. Little fights here and there are healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                Why? I get so confused on people's obsession to marry. What do you gain that differs from a unmarried long term relationship?
                Personal preference I suppose. Lots of people don't do the marriage thing, and I get that.

We also have kids from previous marriages. That makes a difference (to us) to be married.

Comment

I usually read the first and last sentence of any post. It seems to work well for the most part. Make sure there is unity and agreement this time around. Will make for a much happier marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                    He said they've been together for a year. Just FYI if you guys never fight then that's not good. Little fights here and there are healthy.
                    Like I said, we have disagreements. Just not full out "fights". Have I made her mad? Sure. Has she made me mad? Sure. But we are able to resolve without major issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
                      Like I said, we have disagreements. Just not full out "fights". Have I made her mad? Sure. Has she made me mad? Sure. But we are able to resolve without major issues.
                      Well to me that's considered a fight, LOL. Crystal and I argue but we don't throw down or anything.

Comment

Where is the facepalm picture when you need it? FWIW, my girlfriend and I have been together for 4 years without a single argument or fight. If I ever marry her, it won't be before we have a fight, that's for damn sure.

That said it's your life, your choice, so do what makes you happy. Congratulations.
                        Last edited by bcoop; 07-06-2015, 10:23 AM.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

jester would be proud!

Comment

I'm not sure why you are discussing which car you buy with your new sandwich maker.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I'm not sure why you are discussing which car you buy with your new sandwich maker.
                              So the OP is a dude?

Comment

Working...
                              X