Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    Sure.

I only went a block and never left first gear. I needed to run it a bit to keep the battery alive and the fluids fluid.

RIP

So why not just start the bike and the fliuds will be ok if it a sport bike cause it'll all get hot. Just a simple changing gear while standing still. But you'll do it the way you want to. Be safe and think before driving. Ps. Yellow snow is the best.

Comment

That sucks and all, but who the fuck would ride a bike in this? Seems like the guy should get a Darwin t-shirt.

Comment

I saw that on the way home. It didn't look pretty.

Comment

I wonder if this is the one that a trucker hit and left the scene I heard about on the radio. Only heard a trucker switched lanes and that the rider was knocked off his bike and died at the scene. If that is the case I'm betting the trucker never knew he hit the biker or was even expecting one to be out today. Sucks.

Comment

I wondered what had happened. One of the signs coming from Ft. Worth said that three lanes were closed beyond my exit but there was barely any traffic. I slid over a couple of ice patches on the way home too.

Comment

I rode over to my buddy's complex today and to my mailbox ... you saying i r not smrt?
              Wharz common sense?! Definitely wasn't a good day to be on the bike!

Sunday were riding if you wanna meet up.

Comment

Happened to a friend of mine several years ago. Driver never knew he hit him. Rest In Peace Chad!

Comment

Sure.

I only went a block and never left first gear. I needed to run it a bit to keep the battery alive and the fluids fluid.
                  Battery tender plus and fluids will be fine on their own.

Comment

i hope youre not worried about the sand because it will be there for months.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Eastbound 20 and Matlock. There is a patch of ice under thebridge while everything else is clear. I almost lost it there about two hours ago. Comng back there was a cruiser bike with big headlight, radio setup that older guys usually favor(I don't know much about motorcycles)and it looked like they were covering him up, but I only saw it for a split second. be careful out there guys, there are still random ice patches. Scary to think I almost lost it in the same place.
                      I got stuck in the back up from it... they had him covered up at around 5:30.

The news this morning said they are looking for an 18 wheeler that MAY have switched lanes and had something to do with it.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I like riding, I don't love riding. No way I ride this time of the year, Especially in this weather. Sorry to hear about a fallen fellow rider.

Comment

yep, all the news said witnesses saw the truck change lanes with the bike next to it and force the bike off the road. if that hadnt happened, I bet he his daily ride would've been fine.

One thing I've noticed is that BMW bike riders are some hardcore guys that ride in any weather. I've noticed that from seeing the same guys out every single day of the week.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            Wharz common sense?! Definitely wasn't a good day to be on the bike!

Sunday were riding if you wanna meet up.
                            By the time I got on the bike everything where I am at was pretty much melted. I would be down if I get my last part in on the R1, the 636 isnt safe to ride over 30 mph really and no tags on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X