paypal transfer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal transfer?

I'm selling a bike and the guy wants to come pick it up this afternoon, and paypal me the money now. I think I have an old ass paypal acct I have not used in years. is paypal pretty scam proof? id hate to have to murder someone for $400. gracias.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

uhh... tell that mother fucker to bring cash

but yes, as long as he doesn't send via gift, you're good w/ paypal
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

It might be scam proof if you can transfer the payment ASAP to your bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        It might be scam proof if you can transfer the payment ASAP to your bank account.
        2-3 days AFTER it's sitting in your paypal account, which can take 3-5 days. I've sold a few tickets lately on stubhub and that's their preferred payment method.

If he's doing paypal he has the means to get cash. That same credit card can do a cash advance with a pin number.

Comment

exactly... it's $400, not $40,000... tell him to bring cash
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Cash is king!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              uhh... tell that mother fucker to bring cash

but yes, as long as he doesn't send via gift, you're good w/ paypal
              I always thought it was the opposite. With PayPal gift there is no protection for the sender of the payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                I always thought it was the opposite. With PayPal gift there is no protection for the sender of the payment.
                X2. This was my belief as well

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  2-3 days AFTER it's sitting in your paypal account, which can take 3-5 days. I've sold a few tickets lately on stubhub and that's their preferred payment method.

If he's doing paypal he has the means to get cash. That same credit card can do a cash advance with a pin number.
                  That's all true, and I've has a PayPal account myself since '03. I prefer not to accept incoming payments by PayPal, but sometimes that is the only reasonable means to do so. As has been posted, there is really no reason in this case that the buyer can't bring cash, unless he's using a PayPal credit account (possible).

Comment

I'm curious as to the reason he wants to paypal first. That "so no one else gets it first" shit doesn't work for me, as a seller. First one with the cash gets it.

If he's adamant about using paypal to reserve it, have him pay a small portion in paypal, and bring cash for the rest.
                    sigpic

Comment

Paypal will help you if you purchase on ebay. All he will do is file fraud and try to get them to reverse the transaction.

Comment

Is it just possible there are people in this world that have forgotten about the option of using cash to pay for things?

JUST MAYBE its possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Is it just possible there are people in this world that have forgotten about the option of using cash to pay for things?

JUST MAYBE its possible.
                          This is going to sound crazy, but my father actually prefers to NOT be paid anything in cash.

I can't wrap my head around it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Use it every now and then, never had any problems.
                            WRX

Comment

I'd be worried about him getting the bike and then filing fraud and having the charges reversed. Tell him to bring cash.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X