No announcement yet.

New beater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to google the Korean Defense Service Medal. Apparently it was approved a couple of years before I got out. If I really wanted to dig through the records and do a boatload of paperwork, I could get it. Maybe some day.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
      We're you an A10 pilot?
      No, just spent a lot of time guarding them.

Comment

Good to meet you, Sean! The car is even more badass in person.
        Here's a shot of one of the hood vents. I cleaned it up a bit.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Thanks! Good to meet you too, pretty sure I ended up with a sunburn!

Comment

Did some custom painting on the engine plastics, these are the same gunmetal as the hood vents. A buddy airbrushed some rivets on the coil covers for me and I did the flag on the intake cover.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Probably gonna list this turd for sail this weekend. Let me know if you are interested. No, I'm not re hosting all of the pics.

Comment

can you rehost the pics?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  I had to google the Korean Defense Service Medal. Apparently it was approved a couple of years before I got out. If I really wanted to dig through the records and do a boatload of paperwork, I could get it. Maybe some day.
                  I just googled it too. I guess I missed this before. I just submitted an online records request.. Check this out: http://www.dmzwar.com/koreamedalcoldwarcert.html

I enlisted 6 months too late for the Cold War Certificate.

And that award (KDSM) gives you Veteran's Preference if you didn't already have it:

"The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) would like to remind Federal agencies that anyone in receipt of the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (for service in Operation Enduring Freedom), Iraq Campaign Medal, Afghanistan Medal, or the Korea Defense Service Medal is entitled to veterans' preference if otherwise eligible.

They'll take away my Overseas Service Ribbon and replace it with this..

Comment

What is veterans preference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      can you rehost the pics?
                      Maybe, but I will resize them to be giant.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        The opposite of affirmative action.

Comment

• where did you IG go?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            For federal jobs.. You get extra 'points'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              can you rehost the pics?
                              if you use chrome there is a 'photobucket embedded image fix' app.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                                if you use chrome there is a 'photobucket embedded image fix' app.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X