No announcement yet.

Is Smokey Yunick running VW these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing $15+ billion in value over one day while budgeting $7.2 for planned fines, plus whatever the recall is going to cost. That's going to sting a little.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Losing $15+ billion in value over one day while budgeting $7.2 for planned fines, plus whatever the recall is going to cost. That's going to sting a little.
      $18 billion potential for US fines ... then add the recall, lawsuits, any international fines, etc. Fwiw I glanced and you were correct - it's 20% state owned.
      Last edited by slow99; 09-22-2015, 03:37 PM.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        I'm not sure it's going to sting all that much.

VW made $28.6 billion profit on $254 billion in revenues in 2012, and its assets were worth $408 billion

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I'm not sure it's going to sting all that much.

VW made $28.6 billion profit on $254 billion in revenues in 2012, and its assets were worth $408 billion
          Their market cap dropped 29%, 21.5 Bln Euro ($24 Bln USD), in 2 days. Yeah it stung.
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

I don't foresee a V bottom.....

Comment

I really couldn't care less. The EPA is a bunch of fucking crooks and the government is only after money. When are they going to fine themselves for fucking up that river in Colorado? It isn't like this $18 billion is going to be spent on actually cleaning the fucking air.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                I really couldn't care less. The EPA is a bunch of fucking crooks and the government is only after money. When are they going to fine themselves for fucking up that river in Colorado? It isn't like this $18 billion is going to be spent on actually cleaning the fucking air.
                It's going to be spent cleaning up that river in Colorado.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

GM also didn't have recalls when it was government motors but as soon as they bought their way clear..bam. Recalls.

Government doesn't want anyone to actually succeed, maybe just not suck as much as others do.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

With how the Clean Power Plan is going to fuck the coal industry and force big changes in the entire remainder of the power industry I don't think we can take any more "air cleaning" for a while.

The EPA is a joke. High level there are some good ideas... in practice they might as well be TSA.

Comment

CEO is outta there.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        It's going to be spent cleaning up that river in Colorado.
                        There is no need to clean it up. The water is now as clean as the wind driven snow and they are recommending that babies around the country be given it to drink. BUT..... If a private company had caused the spill the EPA would be calling for a public execution of the companies officers and would be claiming that the environmental damage to the water shed was incalculable.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think it's fucking hilarious. The federal Government shouldn't have any business in regulating products. Leave that to the states. If California wants stupid ass emissions, so be it. No one will make them cars.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pollute 40x More Than Your Friends With This 2009 Jetta Sportwagon Manual TDI - $12000

Ever wanted to destroy the environment while commuting, all while achieving 42 mpgs and enjoying a luxurious leather interior? We have the car for you! This 2009 Jetta Sportwagon TDI is quick off the line, sips diesel, and relentlessly emits toxic chemicals that significantly contribute to climate change. It even has a panoramic sunroof so you can immediately inhale the emissions you create and watch baby eagles fall from the sky as you speed off to your kid's soccer game.

Wait until you see this cargo space. With this roomy interior and extended wagon trunk you can effortlessly haul all of your precious cargo: kids, dogs, not-locally sourced inorganic groceries, and the bicycle you will never need to ride again.

This amazing vehicle has already crushed the environment for 127,000 miles, so you have plenty of time to continue sticking it to those tree-loving hippies, like me. Don't miss out.

Comment

Working...
                                X