No announcement yet.

Is Smokey Yunick running VW these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad is still driving his Jetta waiting to see what they have to offer. He already got the $500 or $1000, or whatever it was in dealer service credit. At 71 he's not sure he wants to bother with getting a new car and is still happy with the Jetta.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      Well we are getting closer. VW rejected my registration I submitted because it expired in September and is not current. I replaced the car back in July to let it sit until bought back.
      One of my customer's is desperately trying to find a shifter assembly that is broken in his car, that is backordered from VW. He cant take it in for buy-back without it driving, but he cant get the parts to fix it to make it drive.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        One of my customer's is desperately trying to find a shifter assembly that is broken in his car, that is backordered from VW. He cant take it in for buy-back without it driving, but he cant get the parts to fix it to make it drive.
        I am ready to drop the extra payment since I bought the Benz in July.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I can only imagine the VW engineer's chatting about this.

"How the hell are we supposed to make an efficient running engine when they want us to put the dirty air back in it?"

"That's going to kill the MPG ratings we've worked so hard on"

"hey guys, how bout we fuck with them US assholes, and just turn on the emissions crap when they are testing it? That way we keep the fuel consumption down!"
          this is what cat said with the class 8 truck market, they get shit set up and epa change the rules once again.

Comment

I am ready to drop the extra payment since I bought the Benz in July.
            What model MB did you get and do you like it so far?
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              What model MB did you get and do you like it so far?
              2015 E-250 Diesel. I bought it with 1100 miles on it. It was a CPO car so I ended up getting a full 4 year warranty since it adds 1 year and unlimited miles. I really like it a lot. It is very quite and solid. I am getting a few mpg less 35 vs 38 on average but with the bigger fuel tank I go 650 or so miles between fill ups which I like. With almost 400lb tq at a cruise rpms it flies down the highway and I find myself running 90-95 constantly.
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

2015 E-250 Diesel. I bought it with 1100 miles on it. It was a CPO car so I ended up getting a full 4 year warranty since it adds 1 year and unlimited miles. I really like it a lot. It is very quite and solid. I am getting a few mpg less 35 vs 38 on average but with the bigger fuel tank I go 650 or so miles between fill ups which I like. With almost 400lb tq at a cruise rpms it flies down the highway and I find myself running 90-95 constantly.
                195HP and 369LB-FT. Damn thing has almost doulbe the TQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  It moves on out with little press to the go pedal.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    try the bmw 335d with 265 hp and 425 torque. Tunes get you to near 500 easy and thats supposed to be at the wheels.

Comment

• I drove the 535d but liked the E series better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• My sister has had nothing but problems with her 2015 Passat TDI...electrical problems, AC quit working, stereo went out, brake problems...she is eagerly ready to get rid of that car. It has been in the shop for repairs more than it has been in her garage or being driven. Volkswagon is garbage...but they do get good mileage WHEN they run.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                          Not sure why people even buy the diesel. The upfront cost is huge and the fuel cost is more. Do the math and you're more than likely to never come ahead.
                          Lmao. I own a 2013 Jetta TDI now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            My dad is still driving his Jetta waiting to see what they have to offer. He already got the $500 or $1000, or whatever it was in dealer service credit. At 71 he's not sure he wants to bother with getting a new car and is still happy with the Jetta.
                            My mom got her offer last week for her 2014 (I think) diesel jetta. I believe it was low $20s. She told me she paid high $20s for it new. I always thought they were more expensive than that.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              My mom got her offer last week for her 2014 (I think) diesel jetta. I believe it was low $20s. She told me she paid high $20s for it new. I always thought they were more expensive than that.
                              Base model jettas are around 20k if I recall correctly. Until the scandal the diesels had extremely strong resale value, often keeping that same price precentage margin above even top of the line jetta models.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                                I think my dad paid high 20's for his. The thing is, he really likes the car, and it has low miles. Hell, I put a couple hundred miles on it back in the spring and really liked it too. His is a couple years older. Not sure what year but I want to say he's had it for about 4-5 years but I think he has less than 50k miles on it. They have 3 vehicles and are mostly retired (he did just buy a dump truck earlier in the year and sells and delivers sand and gravel for fun money and to stay busy), so none get too many miles, but the Jetta gets the most. He only really drives his pick up when hauling his 5th wheel, and his C5 vert is his weekend toy.

Comment

Working...
                                X