Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well fuck - I'm now down 9%.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

PIP or real numbers?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

What's the solution? I am hearing that cash is king but with interest at .01% how can that be..?

Actually I really thought about opening up an Ally Bank money market account drawing 1%.. I would be doing better with it right now than with the brokerage account I opened.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
          What's the solution? I am hearing that cash is king but with interest at .01% how can that be..?

Actually I really thought about opening up an Ally Bank money market account drawing 1%.. I would be doing better with it right now than with the brokerage account I opened.
          Not sure what you mean; I stated my opinion of the solution, but maybe not that clearly. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I check my balances daily, but just because it's what I do for a living and a passion of mine. If you can't watch it go down without wanting to do something about it, then don't look at it daily.

The gains far outweigh the downside if you can just stomach through it. I'm down 9% the last month ... I'm up over 200% over the last 5 years.

There's overwhelming evidence that shows that individual retail investors are horrible at timing markets - they get scared and pull their money out at lows and start piling in at peaks. Just stay in it and know you're in for the long haul.
          Last edited by slow99; 09-29-2015, 09:43 PM.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Just buy tvix thank me when it's at 275
            Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 09-30-2015, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Not sure what you mean; I stated my opinion of the solution, but maybe not that clearly. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I check my balances daily, but just because it's what I do for a living and a passion of mine. If you can't watch it go down without wanting to do something about it, then don't look at it daily.

The gains far outweigh the downside if you can just stomach through it. I'm down 9% the last month ... I'm up over 200% over the last 5 years.

There's overwhelming evidence that shows that individual retail investors are horrible at timing markets - they get scared and pull their money out at lows and start piling in at peaks. Just stay in it and know you're in for the long haul.
              Right on man.. my 401K and my Roth IRA are at least dollar cost averaging as I contribute each pay period..

Really I should be grateful, 2 years ago I couldn't scrape together 5 bucks..

Comment

Working...
              X