Anybody tried using Straight Talk for their phone cell phone service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried using Straight Talk for their phone cell phone service

My phone is 3 years old, and all the big cell phone companies seem like they just gouge you on charges.

I thinking about just buying a new phone and using Straight Talk, their 5gb plan is 45.00 for 30days.
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Had a coworker a while back who was using either them or similar company (signed up at walmart I believe) and loved it. Said reception and service was as good as the big 3 and bill was way lower. Worh checking out and I have considered it but still have one phone under contract at the moment.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Go to metro pcs. They use T mobile network now and you have unlimited data for $50 a month.

Comment

My wife sent me an email about this but I dismissed it thinking it wasn't for real. It might actually be worth looking into. We are spending $135 a month for 2 phones and 15gb with AT&T.

Comment

Im pretty sure they all piggyback off one of the major networks so call quality shouldn't be an issue in the metroplex. If you're around wifi that you can access all day plus bring your phone you find plans as low as 35 month.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            My wife sent me an email about this but I dismissed it thinking it wasn't for real. It might actually be worth looking into. We are spending $135 a month for 2 phones and 15gb with AT&T.
            Same here, its too much. I'm thinking half that, at most.

The reason they get away with it, is nobody else has service once you go even a little bit out of the city areas. If this service does, I'd be willing to give them a try.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Same here, its too much. I'm thinking half that, at most.

The reason they get away with it, is nobody else has service once you go even a little bit out of the city areas. If this service does, I'd be willing to give them a try.
              The guy I worked with said he had no issue with service. If att or verizon had service he usually did as well. I just can't remember which specific company he had service with. I am pretty sure he got it at walmart though.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

My sister has used it for years. She has no complaints with it. Great service, great everything.

Comment

Ive had it for the last 18 months without a single issue. $45 a month, unlimited. Ive used the phone all over the US and in Puerto Rico.

Comment

My mother has it. Works good for her. I think they use Verizon s network.

Comment

My wife said our phones won't work for this plan. WTF? Iphone 4s and 5s?

Comment

my ol lady switched to cricket early this year. she loves it

55.00 a month for 10gb

cricket is owned by ATT

I would switch too, but I have the ATT unlimited data plan, and I only pay 89.00 a month with taxes

Comment

Does anyone here think those 'coverage maps' that show different company's coverage areas, are accurate? The way most of those maps look, it should actually be pretty difficult to get into an area where you don't have signal, no matter who your provider is.

I went ahead and took a look at coverage maps for ATT, sprint, T-mobile, and Straight talk. If those maps are accurate, straight talk is on par with ATT.

But aren't they pretty new to the game? Relatively speaking. How come they can get their coverage area so large, so fast? Yet T-mobile still sucks.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Does anyone here think those 'coverage maps' that show different company's coverage areas, are accurate? The way most of those maps look, it should actually be pretty difficult to get into an area where you don't have signal, no matter who your provider is.

I went ahead and took a look at coverage maps for ATT, sprint, T-mobile, and Straight talk. If those maps are accurate, straight talk is on par with ATT.

But aren't they pretty new to the game? Relatively speaking. How come they can get their coverage area so large, so fast? Yet T-mobile still sucks.
                            they lease service through existing carriers.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              they lease service through existing carriers.
                              Is it a little odd then, that they would be cheaper? I mean, they're having to pay to use it, and these carriers would just be aiding the competition. Who knows.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X