Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got you beat.

Paid 157k for mine in 2013 put 0 down and now I could sell for 205 easy. Maybe 215.

Factoring in around maybe 1k in closing costs that ROI is pretty insane.

That's in Mckinney FYI

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      That, and our neighborhood is still on fire due to the schools. It's all those families right around the tollway/Inwood that are outside of Park Cities and in DISD. They paid for private schools forever, but now that private school runs $20k a year per kid, they're getting the hell outta there and scooping up the homes here. We had 2 on my street in the past week sell above asking within a couple of days.
      We are finishing one off audelia and Ferndale right now. Richardson schools FTW

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        We are finishing one off audelia and Ferndale right now. Richardson schools FTW
        Word, and that's Northlake District. Look at the markets in Moss Haven, Merriman, WRE districts ... fucking insane.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

bought ours for 145k in 2009, we could list for 220k and it should be gone in a week

Frisco

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            bought ours for 145k in 2009, we could list for 220k and it should be gone in a week

Frisco
            I am REALLY hoping this happens with ours. Though it is looking more like we are going to need piers every day and that isn't cheap so my ROI may blown away. We bought about $15k lower than anything on our street. It needed a good rehab. We did a budget refurb, new floors and paint, before we moved in. I have some bigger upgrades planned for the next couple of years. Greenville has finally got a city council that is pro growth and I am hoping that starts to increase property values. Wr talk all of the time about the tipping point, value, that would encourage us to sell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I'm just waiting for a new bridge overpass to be put in in west fort worth and then a developer will scoop up the land across the street and build a shopping center. Dont know what it'll do for property values but i'm already 50-75% on roi if i sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Thanks everyonr for responding, theres a lot of good answers in here.

It looks like there are a lot of factors that have impacted the market, and that while not all areas are slowing down...some are. The reasons being:

-Prices finally caught up to demand in the 250-350 range

-new build inventory is finally catching up

-foreign investment MAY be slowing

I see a few saying that they plan to sell next year when toyota and other places arrive, hopefully your plans pan out.

Ive been worried about a recession coming soon and a correction to the housing situation. The fed no longer has the ability to drop rates to stimulate sales since theyre already rock bottom low. 2016 and 2017 will be some interesting/weird years.

Also...i think we will see a surge in theft/robberies when the housing market crashes because of the now unemployed workforce.
                I think thats all pretty accurate! I have a house listed right now thats been on the market almost 30 days. 2 months ago the same houses down the street were selling in 2 days for more then asking price. Even when I look at CSS at the local showings they are down as a whole. Every year after school starts and in between Christmas its always a little slower. I have a few buyers moving to town now and looking and theres still not much inventory, just less buyers at the moment IMO

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                houses in the colony are still selling fast as shit! (less than a week if price isn't stupid)

I paid 67k for mine in 2003 and im pretty sure I could get 110k for it the way it sits.. I owe less than 50k now what what!
                I hope it stays that way, I have a house we just bought in the Colony that should have a full remodel finished in the next 2-3 weeks. We hope to get it listed by mid November and make a little money off it!

I have had a lot of friends in Denton tell me if I could get " " for my house I would sell it...we run comps and their jaws drop at the value and they see that it most likely would sell for their numbers. Definitely a crazy market still

Comment

We designed and had our house built in 2013 for 250k, neighbors have been selling recently for 390k and they are on smaller lots and only 2 car garages. Frisco / mckinney btw

The reason most of my neighbors are bailing is that they signed 15 year mortgages and with the recent spike in property values their mortgages were raised $400 a month. I took a 30 year note and mine went up only $139 a month last year. I saw no reason to pay off the house faster just to pay more in property tax after its paid off.

Comment

Can you still find a reputable builder for 250k farther north? Beautiful home btw.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post

The reason most of my neighbors are bailing is that they signed 15 year mortgages and with the recent spike in property values their mortgages were raised $400 a month. I took a 30 year note and mine went up only $139 a month last year. I saw no reason to pay off the house faster just to pay more in property tax after its paid off.
                      explain that for me
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        explain that for me

Escrow account, fool.

EDIT: I just realized what DJ was questioning, and he's right. You don't pay higher property taxes on a 15 yr vs 30 yr note. 4king doesn't know what he's talking about again.
                        Last edited by bcoop; 10-16-2015, 01:00 PM.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          I am REALLY hoping this happens with ours. Though it is looking more like we are going to need piers every day and that isn't cheap so my ROI may blown away. We bought about $15k lower than anything on our street. It needed a good rehab. We did a budget refurb, new floors and paint, before we moved in. I have some bigger upgrades planned for the next couple of years. Greenville has finally got a city council that is pro growth and I am hoping that starts to increase property values. Wr talk all of the time about the tipping point, value, that would encourage us to sell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                          Ours was built in 2008 so luckily we just updated some things and called it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            explain that for me
                            I just sign the checks, neighbor explained his went up $400.

And I believe you're right about the escrow. But like I said I just sign the checks and I'm going on what my neighbor said

Comment

And I believe you're right about the escrow. But like I said I just sign the checks and I'm going on what my neighbor said
                              so you really dont have a fucking clue, and you're making assumptions?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Your neighbor doesn't know what he's talking about.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X