No announcement yet.

Getting back into overseas contracting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being the guy that says "Sure, send me to Somalia. I'll make it my bitch too. When do I get to go?" makes me the guy that gets all the unique experiences and gives me job security over the other guys.

In July, I had to push my R&R to the right on the calendar because a coworker's back was getting worse and worse. When it came up I told my director that he only had one logical choice, "get me a ticket from Cameroon to Niger and I will take an R&R later". That kind of bit me in the ass cause once I got back to Niger I think I got forgotten about BUT...........I should be home in a week. 3 weeks home and then come back to Africa, work 45 days then come home again for Christmas.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
      $$$$$$$$
      And the money is good too

Comment

• I'm on my way back to Mozambique in mid November. At the conclusion of that project I will split time between Bolivia and Ft Worth. I like to work in "unique" places, but I have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to go to Somalia. I try not to categorize or pigeonhole people, but I don't even enjoy working with Somalians.
        If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

• I'm in a holding pattern
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
            I'm on my way back to Mozambique in mid November. At the conclusion of that project I will split time between Bolivia and Ft Worth. I like to work in "unique" places, but I have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to go to Somalia. I try not to categorize or pigeonhole people, but I don't even enjoy working with Somalians.
            Well, I might miss out anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I'm in a holding pattern
              Not forgotten though.

Comment

• Im about done with the family business.

I'm looking for oconus electrical work.
                So tonight I've applied for positions in Kabul, and Antarctica with PAE.
                And classified locations with IAP. And a few positions in Africa and Afghanistan with Fluor. I have a secret clearance, 3 deployments, 2 of which are with a special operations unit, as well as a state license for electrical work. I feel like with those 3 things I shouldn't have a hard time finding work. My weak point maybe my resume.

Anyone know of any openings or other overseas companies I could look into?
                Last edited by HarrisonTX; 09-19-2016, 08:54 PM.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• If my wife wouldn't try to kill me before I loaded the plane, I wouldn't mind doing another overseas gig, sure would make it a hell of a lot easier to pay the new house off!

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Im about done with the family business.

I'm looking for oconus electrical work.
                    So tonight I've applied for positions in Kabul, and Antarctica with PAE.
                    And classified locations with IAP. And a few positions in Africa and Afghanistan with Fluor. I have a secret clearance, 3 deployments, 2 of which are with a special operations unit, as well as a state license for electrical work. I feel like with those 3 things I shouldn't have a hard time finding work. My weak point maybe my resume.

Anyone know of any openings or other overseas companies I could look into?
                    I was reviewing the Somalia proposal and the electrical is all BEAR base systems and tents. So not European 220 stuff. I put your name in the hat for it too. I can check tonight if they already have an electrician in mind. Most of the guys they are pulling for these small projects have been with us in the past before.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      I was reviewing the Somalia proposal and the electrical is all BEAR base systems and tents. So not European 220 stuff. I put your name in the hat for it too. I can check tonight if they already have an electrician in mind. Most of the guys they are pulling for these small projects have been with us in the past before.
                      Right on man. I will send an updated resume if anyone there wants it, showing that I now have my license.

Just got an e-mail, I have a "phone screen" with PAE tomorrow for a position in baghdad. I was hoping it was for the Antarctica position (the same place Mike K was at), but I'll do baghdad for a 4th time.

Now to figure out what a 'phone screen' means.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Right on man. I will send an updated resume if anyone there wants it, showing that I now have my license.

Just got an e-mail, I have a "phone screen" with PAE tomorrow for a position in baghdad. I was hoping it was for the Antarctica position (the same place Mike K was at), but I'll do baghdad for a 4th time.

And clean your PM box. Says it is full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                          And clean your PM box. Says it is full.
                          cleaned
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Let me know if you make it over here!

Comment

That's awesome. I had a friend that I found out worked for them in Kabul and had nothing bad to say about them. Key is to get in. Do your job well and learn who can keep you employed.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                                Key is to get in. Do your job well and learn who can keep you employed.
                                Same advice I give most people, but I used to say it about KBR.

HarrisonTX - FYI - our senior HR person went from Antarctica and took a promotion to be in charge of PAE Human Resources in Iraq. Denice Henderson I think her name was. A real bitch. She black-listed one of my friends in Antarctica. My friend even tried to get on with PAE Iraq... called a recruiter and was told that they couldn't hire him.

Comment

Working...
                                X