No announcement yet.

SpaceX just made history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO.. it appeared to be descending too rapidly while trying to correct an off vertical angle by a few degrees...

fascinating stuff for sure, TV and movies have made it look easy for so long. The public just expects it all to go right on the first try.

mardyn

Comment

• I just hope that the stock market IPO mania of the last few days finally convinces Elon Musk to take Space X public. I'd like to buy some shares to hold for a long time. I think it makes tons of money and will be a cash cow for a long long time.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• I honestly expected Starship to go nuts and blow up when it tried it's first belly flop at 12.5km.. But now, seeing them get THAT FAR I'm convinced the concept will work. Starship SN9 is almost done and will probably fly in January. I pretty much expect it to stick the landing.

BTW, the main booster for Starship is under construction as well. I speculate that we'll see an orbital flight by the end of 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a manned testflight by 2024/25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I just hope that the stock market IPO mania of the last few days finally convinces Elon Musk to take Space X public. I'd like to buy some shares to hold for a long time. I think it makes tons of money and will be a cash cow for a long long time.
          You could be right, but I kind of hope not. Shareholders will, for lack of a better term, "fuck that place up".

Comment

• That worked remarkably well, other than the high velocity touchdown.

Comment

• I still don't get it. To my thinking I would do everything in my power to make boosters so cheap that they are simply disposable like tissue paper. The most expensive part is the engine and the most expensive part of the engine is the fuel pump, other than that the first stage is basically just a fuel tank that is reinforced structurally to handle the loads placed on it via acceleration.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
              X