No announcement yet.

Kicking around the idea of tracking down 2K2 LS1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats now let the fun begin! I have a father son project going too. I hope you and yours have a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
      Well I just got done loading 2K2 LS1 on a u haul trailer and heading back to DFW from Harker Heights.....boom bitch
      decent shape?
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

A mullet mobile at a trailer? No way.

Comment

kickass man! you gonna Da Tuna get you on The List now?

Comment

Sub frames from day 1 made a huge difference actually Denny

Comment

I bet you just took the fastest car in Harker Heights out of action!
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

So far this is the condition the car was in:

Missing front bumper support behind the nose clip
                A/C non-functional(discovered frozen bearing on tensioner and no belt so it may have just chunked the belt when it froze up)
                Both window need to get new motors
                replacing virtually all ebony interior to freshen the car up
                transmission and rearend were rebuilt last year seem to be holding up
                several seals leaking on the engine; plan to upgrade to a 6.0 or 6.2ltr
                swapping the car back to a T56 this fall(pedals/crossmember/built t56/nice clutch)
                swapping out wheels and tires for new stlye zr1s
                looking to upgrade to the 2010+ camaro SS brembo brakes
                swapping suspension for either bilstiens and eibach springs or going coil over
                replacing all corner markers and tailights and headlights
                swapping Z28 hood and spoiler for SS hood and spoiler and wanting to get the car painted or wrapped.

Comment

So

you are swapping every part on the car minus the body panels...gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    So

you are swapping every part on the car minus the body panels...gotcha
                    Didn't say that. I may be swapping some of those too lol. I basically bought a complete project car that runs and drives and will come close to taking it back down to a shell and rebuild completely. Good part is most parts are still nice enough to resell.....just not to my standards of what I want on the car!

Comment

Good luck Brad, that sounds like a lot of fun. Are you sure about the six speed? The new GM autos are pretty nice for drag racing, hell so are the Fords.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Good luck Brad, that sounds like a lot of fun. Are you sure about the six speed? The new GM autos are pretty nice for drag racing, hell so are the Fords.
                        Yeah I love a manual transmission for a non-daily driver car.

Comment

So, how did the whole buying it back deal go down?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                            So, how did the whole buying it back deal go down?
                            About a week after this thread it showed up on craigslist and caught my eye as it was very similar pics to the ones that DVilleGT posted....and I messaged him for about 3 days back and forth and confirmed it was my car via vin and previous mods still on the car etc. I low balled him about $1k from his sale price and drive down there Friday and trailered it back to DFW that afternoon.

Comment

It might be because I've had them on my 98z for ten years but the eibach springs are soft and don't hold up very well. My z28 with the prokit sits noticeably lower in the front and I'm always hitting the rear bump stops.

I had a formula with BMR springs and the car was night and day better than the prokit. I never bottomed out and it felt like the car was on rails compared to the prokit.

I know they have a nice bilstein eibach combo but the prokit are really not very good for anything but just to lower your car

Comment

whoever is deleting my posts eat a fat D.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X