F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Some people don't have the need to drive the newest car on the block. Some prefer to buy a vehicle that is a few years old and not take that initial hit on value when buying a new car. It looks to me as if he posed a question and presented an example, like he was looking for some quality input from people more versed on the subject than he is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I get that. but buying a 4wd twin turbo truck thats been brodozed already sounds moronic. buying a 6 year old truck with only "12,600 miles" for $24,000 sounds like a shitty idea too, no?

for Matt, i have the SCT tune in my truck too. Otherwise stock. bought it new with 0.9 miles for $34,000. Did i take a hit? sure. Was i trying to play with the big boys when i wasnt ready? not at all.

Mangus, wait a few years man. Get your money right and buy one new.

Comment

I'm out on buying new... especially something I'm going to modify. Plus, I like to let people with more money that I'm willing to gamble work the kinks out and/or find the new kinks (like the valve-to-guide clearance issue on the 15 super duties or the weaker transmissions in the 15-16)

I've got two trucks in the driveway right now. Both were special order trucks by older gentlemen and they were 100% stone stock when I bought them.

Just paid $26.5k for an '09 with 97k miles on it! LOL

Sounds fucking crazy until you consider the new equivalent is north of $60k and NADA retail is over $31k (doesn't sound any less crazy now that I type it all out )

On a plus note, I've got it sitting at just under 600rwhp on a tune I've run/proven in multiple trucks and am leaving the newer trucks in the dust

Give me a bone stock truck that someone special ordered and cared for, that's already taken the massive depreciation hit, and that's proven to be trouble-free for the past however many miles any day over a brand new depreciation monster that could have squeaky seats or worse

I will admit that the shopping process for such a vehicle is a fucking full time endeavor vs. just going down and buying new
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

i dont think we are talking apples to apples on 3/4ton turbo diesels vs. 1/2 ton belly button F150's. That being said, and cooter, you got my back right? for $24,000 would you buy a 2011 F150 or a 2009 F250?

p.s. nice to see you back here, reads like you smokin that good again

Comment

negative, I'm sober lately... boring

I think saving $10k and only having 12k on the odometer isn't too bad, personally.

The new aluminum trucks are killer though. My buddy just bought a 16 Platinum. I'm over here playing with 8yr old trucks and shit

Comment

how can you have a lifted 6 year old truck with 12,000 miles??

Comment

it does sound fishy

my buddy never drives his 12, and it's still got almost 30k on it

flip side is my mom's 14 Hyundai has like 6500 on it. (my wife's bought one month later has almost 40k!)

if the truck came stock with 31" tires and has been rolling on 35's, miles rack up slower on the ODO

oh, and I would pretty much never buy a lifted truck. I broke that rule once because the truck had a $10k lift on it, and I made almost $10k on the deal.

I like my vehicles bewn stock. I want to be the one to break the seal

Comment

My dad's 09 Chevy 2500 (6.0) only has 9800 on it. When he went to buy it the dealer low balled the hell out of his 2001 2500 HD he was going to trade in, so he kept it and kept driving it. He still has both, and his 09 is the only Chevy/GMC of that generation without a cracked dash.

Comment

late 12' build, fx4, hauls 2000lbs daily, about to turn 100k, changed plugs at 90k, that's it , no problems.
                  13' fx2 , 80k, no problems
                  both pure stock

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    I'm out on buying new... especially something I'm going to modify. Plus, I like to let people with more money that I'm willing to gamble work the kinks out and/or find the new kinks (like the valve-to-guide clearance issue on the 15 super duties or the weaker transmissions in the 15-16)

I've got two trucks in the driveway right now. Both were special order trucks by older gentlemen and they were 100% stone stock when I bought them.

Sounds fucking crazy until you consider the new equivalent is north of $60k and NADA retail is over $31k (doesn't sound any less crazy now that I type it all out )

On a plus note, I've got it sitting at just under 600rwhp on a tune I've run/proven in multiple trucks and am leaving the newer trucks in the dust

Give me a bone stock truck that someone special ordered and cared for, that's already taken the massive depreciation hit, and that's proven to be trouble-free for the past however many miles any day over a brand new depreciation monster that could have squeaky seats or worse

I will admit that the shopping process for such a vehicle is a fucking full time endeavor vs. just going down and buying new
                    I have a 15 6.7. Sure hope it stays issue free. It just has 15k on it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

i just bought a 14 fx2 screw with ecoboost with 22k on it. and this ecoboost feels like it would rape my 12 lariat with the 5.0

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

A little perspective from a '13 EB owner since new... Great truck. I currently have 65K miles and have had to replace the electronic TB. That's it. It runs better, pulls better and gets better mileage than the 5.0. How do I know this? My truck is a KR S'crew 4x4 with off road package and 3.55 gears--my brother bought a Lariat S'crew 4x4 with off road package and 3.55's about 2 weeks before I bought mine. We compare notes and have driven each other's trucks a lot. A couple years ago we were both towing pretty heavy boats with the trucks fully loaded (prob total 8k lbs) back from the lake and going up Ranger Hill on I-20 my truck just walked away from his. We started at the bottom of the hill at 60 mph, at the top I was going 85 and he was a hundred yards behind and losing ground. The low and mid-range torque of the EB is night and day better, part-throttle acceleration is significantly better (let's face it, drag strip times are neat to talk about but in day to day driving in a 6K lb truck that is what really matters). I will buy a '17 next year and will go EB again. Good luck on your decision...
                        '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          I have a 15 6.7. Sure hope it stays issue free. It just has 15k on it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                          I wouldn't lose a moment's rest over it. The valve issue is easily made a non-issue with the right tuning... IF it's even an issue. Ford is supposed to release an updated flash to alleviate it in effected trucks. I have my own flash that will nix it for good

The trans is a non-issue in a stock truck. It just won't hold 600 to the wheels like the 11-14 trannys would.

Comment

If y'all are looking for something particular I can go looking for it. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

This is almost the exact motto I use to buy and sell all my vehicles. I always come out ahead since going down this route...

Low mileage older vehicles don't come up often but they sell like hot cakes. My father's 12 EB platinum has under 10k miles... I hopefully we'll get a chance to buy it down the road. Cooter is correct on all fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                                so all these guys bragging about what times they run and how much they have tuned them, and you want to buy one with high mileage?

seems about fucking retarded. if you can't buy one new, you dont need it.
                                Buying a new means you're pissing money away because you were the first one to fart in the seat. There's nothing wrong with buying a used one with a warranty. Especially with the new redesign, those things are absolutely crazy high priced if purchased new.

Comment

Working...
                                X