F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    I wouldn't lose a moment's rest over it. The valve issue is easily made a non-issue with the right tuning... IF it's even an issue. Ford is supposed to release an updated flash to alleviate it in effected trucks. I have my own flash that will nix it for good

The trans is a non-issue in a stock truck. It just won't hold 600 to the wheels like the 11-14 trannys would.
    Well there's a good reason or two for me to keep my '11 thuper doody and stay away from a 16...I like mine anyway.

My wife has a 15 f150 platinum fx4 screw (Ecoboost) that I'm considering throwing some mods at, after reading this thread.... So, exhaust, CAC/inter cooler, and a tune? Anything else? What kind of power are the 15s making with that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      Well there's a good reason or two for me to keep my '11 thuper doody and stay away from a 16...I like mine anyway.

My wife has a 15 f150 platinum fx4 screw (Ecoboost) that I'm considering throwing some mods at, after reading this thread.... So, exhaust, CAC/inter cooler, and a tune? Anything else? What kind of power are the 15s making with that stuff?
      new body style drops this fall. the 15/16 isn't a massive upgrade over what you've currently got. The 17's are going to be dope.

I'm not up to speed on the eco trucks
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Do all of that minus the exhaust. If you want to do somethign on the exhaust side put in a downpipe. Catless with resonators is best but if you're emissions tested go with cats.

Comment

new body style drops this fall. the 15/16 isn't a massive upgrade over what you've currently got. The 17's are going to be dope.

I'm not up to speed on the eco trucks
          I was thinking of waiting for the 17 to hit, then looking for a deal on a 16...I'll just wait and checkout the 17, when they start dealing on them. It looks like it's going to be a huge change over the 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            Do all of that minus the exhaust. If you want to do somethign on the exhaust side put in a downpipe. Catless with resonators is best but if you're emissions tested go with cats.
            Thanks! I'll look into it.

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into it.
              Look at Solo with resonators.

Comment

2014 F150 runs 9.65@145

Comment

what are some actual times/power guys are getting with their Screw trucks with tune and mild mods? Not many numbers posted here.

Comment

anyone put exhaust on theirs? does it sound worth a shit, better left alone?? I don't wanna drop the coin and sound like a 16yr olds ricer.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

All ecoboost motors sound like shit with an exhaust. If you want a good exhaust note, get a 5.0 or 6.2

Comment

I'm out on buying new... especially something I'm going to modify. Plus, I like to let people with more money that I'm willing to gamble work the kinks out and/or find the new kinks (like the valve-to-guide clearance issue on the 15 super duties or the weaker transmissions in the 15-16)
                        Why/what Ford change the transmission to make it weaker? Or was it some defect that made it weaker?
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                          All ecoboost motors sound like shit with an exhaust. If you want a good exhaust note, get a 5.0 or 6.2
                          kinda what I was afraid of.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            kinda what I was afraid of.

god bless.
                            I honestly don't know why the 3.5 eco sounds so bad. The 3.7 sounds really good for a v6 (almost Nissan Z like).

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              anyone put exhaust on theirs? does it sound worth a shit, better left alone?? I don't wanna drop the coin and sound like a 16yr olds ricer.

god bless.
                              I have a 2013 EB King Ranch, and I pile on the miles and love it. I put 25K miles a year, and it's a treat every trip I take.

I put a down pipe on it early on with no cats, and it was very loud, too loud for me.

I've used a few different tunes/tuners. I've used the Diablo which had a sick canned tune, but the tuner had its limitations, so I switched to the SXT.

SSI tunes are ridiculous power. In second gear, you can roll in to the throttle and spin them all the way out of that gear, bark 3rd and maybe get a few more chirps as the torque builds and the tires slip, then you bark 4th. The down side to these tunes (SSI) are the negative press (engine issues/failure).
                              I'm playing it safe and running Unleashed tunes, where the customer service is TOP NOTCH. I love the power of the SSI tune though, tip in is instant, boost spikes at 22.5.

I put a Wagner CAC (a LARGE intercooler), a charge pipe, a filter, and a bullet muffler. The bullet muffler sounds great with an otherwise stock exhaust.

Fun truck to drive, both in town and on the highway.
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Sounds like an under cubed turd!

Comment

Working...
                                X