F150 3.5 ecoboost with tune ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Thank you for your thread contribution, but dville is not local to me.
    People spend tens of thousands of dollars on a truck, but refuse to spend the money to get it properly tuned. But but but my online tuner does that when I send him my datalogs!

Comment

• Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      People spend tens of thousands of dollars on a truck, but refuse to spend the money to get it properly tuned. But but but my online tuner does that when I send him my datalogs!
      sigpic

Comment

• Well, thumbs up for 5startuning.

Night and day difference.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Was thinking of going with a 5 star tune, and possibly an intake and maybe down pipe.
          Down pipes make these trucks very loud. You can hear a whole lot more turbo whistle, but they were too much for me. I have a wagner CAC, charge pipe, the tune and a bullet muffler and it's perfect for me. Foot goes in it every day.

I tried to find a local tuner initially and nobody knew what I was talking about. Cobb tuning? Nope.
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Well, thumbs up for 5startuning.

Night and day difference.
            Have fun with the future repair bill

Comment

Have fun with the future repair bill
              You done?
              sigpic

Comment

You done?
                What tune did you put in first? I think there is a night and day difference between the 87 tune and the stock tune. I've had mine in for about two years so I don't think you're going to tear your truck up.

Comment

• Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                  What tune did you put in first? I think there is a night and day difference between the 87 tune and the stock tune. I've had mine in for about two years so I don't think you're going to tear your truck up.
                  Went with the 93 performance. Really enjoying the shit out of it.

In all honesty, I might just flash it back to the factory tune and keep the reliability of it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Went with the 93 performance. Really enjoying the shit out of it.

In all honesty, I might just flash it back to the factory tune and keep the reliability of it.
                    You must've googled 5 star issues.

Comment

You must've googled 5 star issues.
                      I googled your mom. Looks like she's never made anyone explode.
                      sigpic

Comment

I googled your mom. Looks like she's never made anyone explode.
                        Well it's a good thing your ecoboost engine has that problem covered for us.

Comment

Well it's a good thing your ecoboost engine has that problem covered for us.
                          So, other than being a piece of shit, where does this hate of yours come from?

Someone with an ecoboost tattoo break up your parents? Lose a few races to one?

What is your deal?
                          sigpic

Comment

So, other than being a piece of shit, where does this hate of yours come from?

Someone with an ecoboost tattoo break up your parents? Lose a few races to one?

What is your deal?
                            I actually really like the ecoboost motor. It's pretty damn quick in the 2.7 regular cab config.

I just dislike mail in order tunes, especially from what I've read from "tuners" like SSi and 5 star.

Comment

I actually really like the ecoboost motor. It's pretty damn quick in the 2.7 regular cab config.

I just dislike mail in order tunes, especially from what I've read from "tuners" like SSi and 5 star.
                              It's not like I'm going to flash the tune and just be done with it. It's going to make a trip to a dyno to get an a/f read to make sure it's ok. Not to mention some datalogging as well.

I also doubt it'll see wot with any frequency. Can't keep traction for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Resurrecting this thread as I'm looking to get a tune for my 2012 Ecoboost. Does anyone do one locally on a dyno? Or is a mail order tune really my only bet?

Comment

Working...
                                X