FedEX SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    I called Visa and didn't get anywhere. They're response after explaining the situation was that since FedEx noted the shipment as "left on front porch" and it had a tracking #, they do not have any rights for a claim and Canon will deny them too. They said the only time they'd have a rightful claim is if they said it was delivered but it never had a tracking #. They also suggested we file a police report.

I definitely can agree with what you're saying except that #2 is highly unlikely since we were home. The dog didn't even bark. He did not show up. #3, I'm not a baller by any means, but I'm definitely not hurting for $270. Nor am I a shady criminal looking to make a quick buck. I'm sure this is what Canon is thinking and I simply do not know what to do about it. #1, yeah I get that. It would be stupid to risk your job but most shady crooked people aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. As far as knowing what was in the package, it's safe to make an educated guess when you can clearly see a shipper name like "Canon". I finally got a call back from Canon...the escalation agent I spoke with was checking on my "options". They offered me a 50% discount towards another purchase....

And to answer a few other posts in here... We have learned that the Sherman hub does contract out home deliveries. The wife called FedEx and they offered her another option where they opened an "incident" with the local hub on the driver. They told her that the local hubs typically do not play around with situations like this. So I think our next recourse will be to go up there and see if we can get them to give the driver's name. At some point, we'll probably file a police report in Sherman, maybe Anna and see where it goes.

It's totally un-fucking-believable that a package can go missing(stolen) and all I can do is get fucked.
    You need to be on the phone with Visa and tell them to fix it or you're changing to AMEX. Customer service matters, and they can stick the amount in a disputed claim area and not have you pay for it pending the resolution. Oh, and eff Canon for trying to offer you 50% off another purchase.

Comment

I've had FedEx and ups drivers deliver to the wrong house before. Same street but dyslexia got the best of them LOL. I was able to track it down though.

Comment

UPS has a tendency to drop on my doorstep with out knocking or ringing the bell.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
          I've had FedEx and ups drivers deliver to the wrong house before. Same street but dyslexia got the best of them LOL. I was able to track it down though.
          Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          UPS has a tendency to drop on my doorstep with out knocking or ringing the bell.
          Man, I get that. I asked the neighbors last month and again today with a different angle (about involving the police and that FedEx stated they left it with them (even though they didn't) and they'd have to make a statement, blah, blah, blah) and the still say it wasn't left with them. Plus my defense there is the driver notes state left on my front porch. And I was expecting this package and know that they don't always ring the door bell...so I was periodically checking outside and around the house for it. The window for someone to steal it was very small...had to be. I can't count on both hands how many times I walked out and around waiting for this thing. It was to be delivered on a Wed...I needed to get it and take some practice shots so that I can take some good pics on Saturday at the kids' bball tournaments. Point is, I was anxious to get it and was checking for it throughout the day so that I had plenty of time to get the hang of it.

Wife just got done with the Sherman hub. They have not heard about this issue until two days ago when the wife called FedEx and they opened an incident with them locally. And, they are also aware of my FB post on their page and had already had a meeting about that yesterday.

Comment

Sue FedEx for the value of your time spent doing what should have been done by them.

Comment

Hoping to see you get this resolved

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                In January I had FedEx deliver a title to my truck to a house on another road and then claim that they left it on the back porch. I screamed at them for an hour and then they transferred me to a department and closed and disconnected the call. Fortunately the guy who found it brought it to me but I called back the next day yelling about dropping the package off at the wrong address.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  My delivery guy does that same shit. He is a real dick. He is also the delivery guy for Jenn's vet clinic. We had a couple of packages dropped off not long after we moved in, one for the previous owner, and a couple for us. She gave him the package back the next day so that it could be RTS. He proceeded to call her a thief that the other packages were addressed to the old owner and that we needed to return those as well. She took the boxes with the shipping label back the next day and told him to shove it.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    My delivery guy does that same shit. He is a real dick. He is also the delivery guy for Jenn's vet clinic. We had a couple of packages dropped off not long after we moved in, one for the previous owner, and a couple for us. She gave him the package back the next day so that it could be RTS. He proceeded to call her a thief that the other packages were addressed to the old owner and that we needed to return those as well. She took the boxes with the shipping label back the next day and told him to shove it.
                    I was home the other night and got an email that my package was delivered, but no knock or ring of the bell. I thought it was odd, since he usually drops it on the porch and rings the bell.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                      I still think you're either not calling the right number to Visa, or you need to put your wife on the phone to get shit done.
                      I have to admit, she has a way of talking with people and getting them to talk. I don't come off harsh or anything, but her approach tends to get people to offer a little more assistance. Maybe it's the big boobs...

On another note! Canon called me earlier this evening. They agreed to send another camera with a signature required. He said he was going to try to get it out today and next day it so hopefully by tomorrow or Monday I should have it and be done with this.

If this follows through, I'll definitely update my public rants although, it really shouldn't have taken multiple escalations to get it done. The wife still plans to follow through with the hub, maybe not with the police report. The local hub still needs a record of it since the FedEx CS apparently didn't call them like they told me.

Comment

Had a similar thing happen with a package I sent out. I had forgot to put signature required on it. Package never shows up. FedEx says the driver remembers dropping off the package. The client let me know he had cameras but deleted that week. He did inform me that fedex had claimed to drop a previous package before and never came by. He still had that video. I told fedex about the past incident but they still claimed they couldn't do anything. Since that video wasn't avaliable. The original package magically showed up 2 days later.

Comment

That is what Canon should have done from the get go. As I understand it, MOST of the FedEx drivers are the bigger rig drivers - at least out of Sherman. Most of those other trucks are simply contractors...which those contractors hire drivers.

Ultimately, Canon would have a lot more sway with a company like FedEx than you or I. May not hurt to stick a game cam on your porch just to be sure.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

It showed up today! I'm a happy camper. I'd like to hope that no one would have to deal with this kind of nonsense but I'm sure it happens quite often. It shouldn't have escalated the way it did but in the end Canon made it right.

I think my argument of them deciding to send something of value with no signature required is what helped me out.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              Does anyone here have any contact info for FedEx? Not with customer service, but I'm talking about someone higher up the ladder.

Long story short, bought a camera from Canon, they shipped it with no signature required. I took off the day of delivery, camera never showed up but the driver stated it was left at the front door. Filed claim with Canon and FedEx, FedEx informs Canon that due to no signature required, they basically don't have to prove a thing even though about 2 weeks into this whole mess, another CS rep informed me that they couldn't even get a hold of the driver. So, Canon is not offering any help since FedEx denied the claim and I'm out $250.00.

I called Canon Customer Relations and was escalated to the supervisor and he pretty much said the same thing the cs rep said and stated there is nothing they can do and it's out of their hands and that I need to call my bank and dispute it. I told him I know there are ways to do something about it, I just haven't reached the "right hands".

I'm going to start digging up VP email address and such. It worked once years back with another 3rd party/issue so we'll see where this gets me.

Is it even worth it to file in small claims court?

so how is it the sellers fault when they did their job per the shippers instructions?

Comment

I completely understand that logic...however, they have a partnership with FedEx. They should have measures in place to ensure it gets to it's destination. A signature upon delivery would do just that. For them to simply tell me, in other words, to go F myself was unacceptable. This is the exact reason I always ship just about anything of value with a signature required that way I'm covered. Because I don't want to deal with another me for an issue caused by the carrier.

I truly hope they somehow push this back on FedEx to recover the cost of a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X