Ticketmaster refund/free tickets lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticketmaster refund/free tickets lawsuit

Ticketmaster is giving out free ticket vouchers to millions of customers covered by a class action lawsuit that was first filed more than a decade ago.

Millions of Ticketmaster customers are getting offers for free tickets because of a 13-year-old lawsuit.

The company planned to finish sending out free tickets vouchers "on or around June 18" to U.S. customers who made purchases on its site between October 1999 and February 2013 and paid an "Order Processing Fee" that was never refunded.

The offers stem from a lawsuit first filed in 2003 alleging Ticketmaster was charging "excessive and deceptive" fees.

Though the company denies the claims, it agreed in a settlement last April to issue $45 million worth of cash, discounts and tickets to customers covered by the class action lawsuit.

Ticketmaster said they'll each get "at least one" ticket code in their accounts, which can be redeemed for two general admission tickets to "selected" events at venues owned and operated by Ticketmaster parent company Live Nation Entertainment.

According to an FAQ, Live Nation has "sole discretion" in choosing which events the vouchers can be redeemed for, and they'll be handed out on a first-come-first-served basis.

As of Sunday afternoon, Live Nation (LYV) had not identified any eligible events. The company has set up a web page where it says a list will be posted once it is "finalized."

Ticketmaster said on Twitter Sunday that it could not say when the list will be available, "but we expect it to be soon."

The company did not respond to CNNMoney's request for comment and further information.

Do you just sit around and read the news all day?? lol

Comment

its been a little slow at work the last few weeks at work.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        its been a little slow at work the last few weeks at work.
        Me as well when school is out in the summer. You still at BOA?

Comment

We are currently experiencing difficulties. Please check back again at a later time.

That's what my voucher link says!

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            Me as well when school is out in the summer. You still at BOA?
            Yes sir. Im still boaing

Originally posted by BP View Post
            We are currently experiencing difficulties. Please check back again at a later time.

That's what my voucher link says!
            same here.

Comment

I have 17(34) of these, I guess that's the max. I wish we could use for Rangers game.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                Yes sir. Im still boaing

same here.
                You at a branch or corporate? I sit at the Addison Corporate location.

Comment

So I managed to login and see my vouchers. I went to the website showing what I could use them on and there was exactly one show I was slightly interested in. Bricks in the Wall at the House of Blues. It's a $10-$20 show depending on location. Go to pay and it says I can't use the voucher for this event.

There are problems with your submission
                  We're sorry we were not able to redeem your voucher for the following reasons. Please refer to your voucher's conditions of use for further details.
                  Sorry, the voucher code you entered cannot be used to purchase these tickets. Please double check your code and try again.
                  UPS - Ticket Codes

Oh and of course there was a $7 service charge per ticket.

Comment

I've got about 7 vouchers of $2.50 each. I haven't really messed with it, but I am assuming that you can only use one voucher per purchase.

Comment

looks like I have 12 pairs of tix and 5 $5vouchers for UPS and a shit ton of $2.25 credits. ALL TO THE WORST POSSIBLE SHOWS THEY HAVE AVAILABLE.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        looks like I have 12 pairs of tix and 5 $5vouchers for UPS and a shit ton of $2.25 credits. ALL TO THE WORST POSSIBLE SHOWS THEY HAVE AVAILABLE.

god bless.

You're just mad that you can't use those vouchers to go see Warren G. at Gas Monkey on 7/14.

Comment

Fuck Ticketmaster. They offered me a job but I told them a pay twice my current salary ( i mean cause for real I'd work for them if they'd paid me that ). I fucking hate that company so bad with their bullshit CONvenience fees. When we went to UFC 168, the fees were about 20% of the ticket costs which is just robbery ( ~$300 in fees for each ticket! ). I'm getting angry just thinking about this crap. I hope they get sued for more.

Comment

Hey at least you only paid face value, most of their tickets end up on the resale market for 4x face value. Their own resale market.

Comment

I got three free ticket codes and three $2.25 vouchers. All of the shows they are available for are shit. Yay!!!111
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X