Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    That officer was a marine....
    I have told these guys the majority of cops nowadays are prior military. It's like they hate the police so much they don't read the facts.
    1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Keep it up guys. Everyone is just one comment away from convincing everyone else that they're right!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        I watched that video repeatedly and the only thing the cop could have done would have been to do the same thing the suspect did. Advance into the fire. He chose to hide which is exactly the wrong thing to do. You open fire, obtain fire superiority and advance towards the target. The guy knew it and with the cop hiding behind the pillar, he was an easy target.

Trust your body armor and advance. He could have stopped it right there but cops aren't soldiers despite their love of the rank structure and weapons.
        He chose to hide? The officer who ran up to within a few feet of him was hiding? Words matter dude. He advanced on the suspect, took cover, and before he could advance further the murdere got behind him and shot him in the back.

I am wondering if he decided to take the building side to use Windows of the building as a way to try and see the guys movement. If he had taken the street side of the pillar maybe he would have been able to put some rounds into the guy.

And yes it is policy and training to advance on an active shooter even if alone. You saw it in that video. He could have stayed back and watched the guy shooting, but he didn't. It's funny you would do it but kinda knock the officer for doing it. FTP goggles, maybe?
        1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
          That officer was a marine....
          Then he forgot his training or he wasn't infantry. Just because he was a Marine doesn't mean he was infantry just like not every soldier is.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post
            He chose to hide? The officer who ran up to within a few feet of him was hiding? Words matter dude. He advanced on the suspect, took cover, and before he could advance further the murdere got behind him and shot him in the back.

I am wondering if he decided to take the building side to use Windows of the building as a way to try and see the guys movement. If he had taken the street side of the pillar maybe he would have been able to put some rounds into the guy.

And yes it is policy and training to advance on an active shooter even if alone. You saw it in that video. He could have stayed back and watched the guy shooting, but he didn't. It's funny you would do it but kinda knock the officer for doing it. FTP goggles, maybe?
            I'm not FTP when they are 1) Obeying the constitution and 2) Doing the right thing. Everything was 100% the right thing right up until the drone with the explosives. I backed the officers right up until that point.

Comment

I'm not FTP when they are 1) Obeying the constitution and 2) Doing the right thing. Everything was 100% the right thing right up until the drone with the explosives. I backed the officers right up until that point.
              So was the officer "hiding?" Like I said, words matter and saying he was hiding, like maybe a coward would do, was wrong. Just saying that's a very FTP word to use.
              1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

He chose to hide? The officer who ran up to within a few feet of him was hiding? Words matter dude. He advanced on the suspect, took cover...
                ... and lost visual and died because of it. You do not understand what Frost is saying.

Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                Just saying that's a very FTP word to use.
                Good to see you haven't changed a bit, genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Keep it up guys. Everyone is just one comment away from convincing everyone else that they're right!
                  But I have almost 29 years of experience on this topic, don't say that! LOL
                  1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

Oh Frost but if you don't agree with everything the police do at all times then obviously you must hate the police. I guess when you were in the Army and you disagreed with the tactics of someone else you must have hated them too. I mean the tactical doctrine that got five people killed last week obviously can't be improved upon. And really Frost, even if it could, what are you, some kind of expert? All you did was kick down doors in Iraq and blast the fuck out of people at point blank range, what do you know?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      ... and lost visual and died because of it. You do not understand what Frost is saying.

I gave you the last word but you couldn't let go, huh?

Glad to see the "FTP with retard logic" (if I'm quoting it right from another post)and I don't agree.

Again, you can have the last word and unless you quote me after that I won't respond to you. I would rather butt my head against the wall than try and reason with an idiot.
                      1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

But I have almost 29 years of experience on this topic, don't say that! LOL
                        Does this mean you are proclaiming to have more knowledge and experience on this subject than a combat veteran? LOL, if I had the choice of a mouth breathing buffoon who doesn't believe cops could benefit from more training and dude who was shot on the head, little unstable, but has seen this scenario happen before, I'll chose to stand with that guy every single time.

Comment

Does this mean you are proclaiming to have more knowledge and experience on this subject than a combat veteran?
                          Of course he is. This is what I was saying earlier in this thread, his ego is bruised because these guys got killed. He can't fucking stand it because it is a direct assault on his superiority complex.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Does this mean you are proclaiming to have more knowledge and experience on this subject than a combat veteran? LOL, if I had the choice of a mouth breathing buffoon who doesn't believe cops could benefit from more training and dude who was shot on the head, little unstable, but has seen this scenario happen before, I'll chose to stand with that guy every single time.
                            To be fair is 2 days of combat more experience than 29 years as an officer who has seen lots of stuff too? I think frost means well most of the time but let's not overlook that his one time seeing combat didn't end well for him when he starts spouting off most of his rubbish.

Comment

So was the officer "hiding?" Like I said, words matter and saying he was hiding, like maybe a coward would do, was wrong. Just saying that's a very FTP word to use.
                              Cowards aren't the only ones who hide. Would you prefer I used the term "Sought cover?" He hid behind a pillar instead of advancing because...he was a cop not a soldier. He was there to serve not to fight a war. He wasn't trained to engage a hostile force that would go toe to toe with him.

Comment

This. YOu lose sight of your target and they can circle you and kill you. Never lose sight of who is shooting at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X