• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed reviews- https://reviews.birdeye.com/speedtek...ance-458065408

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Payingcustomer View Post
      Appointment made. I hope to leave a good review.

You shouldn't have a problem as long as the car itself has no mechanical issues ,I've been using him for 4 years or so for my personal/customers cars and no issues yet...

Comment

You nailed it.

Honestly when i heard "lifetime tunes" thats the first place i though of.....

Comment

I don't see why location down to the city is such a critical factor when it comes to something like a tune. I mean, I would just want to narrow it down to North Texas , sure, but to me the far more important factor would be the quality of their work. I wouldnt go to a local shop just because they are local to Grapevine when I might have better options further away.

BTW, I have never ever EVER seen a shop actually be able to manage their business. Every single one is drowning in short term cars, long term cars, and nightmare grimlin cars and always managing it ad hoc.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
            Honestly when i heard "lifetime tunes" thats the first place i though of.....

Yeah the free tunes usually run around $200.

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem as long as the car itself has no mechanical issues ,I've been using him for 4 years or so for my personal/customers cars and no issues yet...

If the car does have a mechanical problem do you think it he would recognize what it might be? I'm not expecting him to be able to fix a mechanical problem do you think he'd know enough to point me in the right direction? For example, say the a/f is off for this reason or another, do you think he'd know what I'd need to do to get it fixed. Judging by ear, I think I might have an exhaust leak but I haven't looked for it yet but it sounds like it's coming from the drivers side. If I go in for a tune with an exhaust leak, how will that affect the tune and do you think he'd know it had one?

Comment

Mixed reviews- https://reviews.birdeye.com/speedtek...ance-458065408

Thats just the dyno I like to use.

I'll get the car fully checked out and if it's not tuning related. I'll make my recommendations on what to fix and not charge you the full tune price.

Facebook.com/PrimeTuningTX
                If you want to see more of my work

Comment

Yes I've been tuning for 11 years. I can definitely help with mechanical problems. That doesn't mean I can fix anything though

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    I don't see why location down to the city is such a critical factor when it comes to something like a tune. I mean, I would just want to narrow it down to North Texas , sure, but to me the far more important factor would be the quality of their work. I wouldnt go to a local shop just because they are local to Grapevine when I might have better options further away.

BTW, I have never ever EVER seen a shop actually be able to manage their business. Every single one is drowning in short term cars, long term cars, and nightmare grimlin cars and always managing it ad hoc.

Because it's not the most driver friendly car in the world. It's not horrible but I wouldn't want to go to Wally World and back in it Clark Grizwald style. Lopey cam, T5, 3.73 gears, the motor temp creeps up with the a/c on in stop and go traffic so I try not to use it. It's not too bad on the highway but cruising at 2,500 rpm's gets a little old after awhile. But yeah I guess you're right, it'll probably make the trip to where ever, I'd just be worn out by the time I got home.
                    Here's what chaps me about the tune shops is how the kinda hold you hostage for their services. The first time it was tuned it cost around $700 or so. I had to buy the chip, they charged for "the tune," and they charged an hourly rate for being on the dyno. They offer "free" lifetime tunes every tune after the first one. They don't charge you for the guy to fart around on the laptop, but they still charge you an hourly rate for being on the dyno and it usually comes out to around $200. So what happens if one should want to go another place? They have to spend $500 or whatever at the new place since they're a first time customer and the cycle continues. So if you ever get tired of your old place what are the options: keeping paying the $200 for your free tunes even though you don't really want to give them any more money, or pay twice as much to roll the dice on someone new.
                    In the end the price is why I'm going with Ole boy. I figure he couldn't be any worse than the rest of the carnies.
                    Nothing fancy, poor mans' toy.

Comment

Looks good but that strut tower brace has to be one noisy SOB going down the road.

Is there something wrong with the cooling system or is it the tune causing it to run hot?

In either case, I would fix the temp issue over anything. There is no sense in dumping money into a car that you can't enjoy. [ironic coming from me, I know]

I've never used Andy. But he and I have talked over FB messenger or something. Prompt to respond and knows what he is talking about. Give him a try.

Get the car to where you can enjoy it. It is pretty clean looking to let it sit.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                        Looks good but that strut tower brace has to be one noisy SOB going down the road.

Is there something wrong with the cooling system or is it the tune causing it to run hot?

In either case, I would fix the temp issue over anything. There is no sense in dumping money into a car that you can't enjoy. [ironic coming from me, I know]

I've never used Andy. But he and I have talked over FB messenger or something. Prompt to respond and knows what he is talking about. Give him a try.

Get the car to where you can enjoy it. It is pretty clean looking to let it sit.

Ha yeah, the strut brace.. I just finished painting it before that pic was taken and didn't bolt it back down yet. The cooling system- It's not over-heating it just doesn't run as well with the a/c on (which has been replaced). I haven't driven it much this summer actually so it might be ok. The car sat in various shops this summer either trying to figure out why it runs better with be egr unplugged or because it wouldn't pass emissions. All of the egr stuff has been replaced but it still bucks and chugs when cruising at low rpm's. It still bucks and chugs a the egr plugged in but it did finally pass emissions.
                        I'd go into the emissions/egr deal but I don't feel like re-hashing it now. It was an ordeal.

Comment

Yeah the free tunes usually run around $200.

Free always comes with a price.....good luck man and report back.

Comment

Free always comes with a price.....good luck man and report back.

Thanks and will do. The appointment is on the 26th.

Comment

Another plus 1 for Andy, great guy to work with. He'll be seeing my buddies cobra again once we get around to it stalling the killerchiller and water to air intercooler.

Comment

Just had my wife's 5.3 tuned by SWG, very impressed. So much so I almost want to get a 6.2 to see what it would be like tuned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X