I got scammed need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
    Yes i agree with not buying a car with no title,what i do is get the correct VIN # and call my contact and make sure it's clear with no lein (had one with a lein last year and got it off easy) and not stolen. I was afraid of buying cars like that also but now i have nothing to be afraid of and just make sure we can get. Most of the time cars a discounted quit a bit for not having a title. $125 and ill have one and save a good amount of money on the car...
    ive done bonded titles I have a title lady but without a lien release from the title loan place I'm stuck

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      He's due in court to plead on a marijuana case on the 27th..Maybe you could meet him there ?
      https://apps.collincountytx.gov/Judi...Cbrett%7C1%7C1
      what time? i'll go

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
        what time? i'll go
        Courthouse shows 9 am.. Of course always subject to change. He FTA'd last time and got his bond yanked. His attorney is listed on there as well. Perhaps the attorney might help you too.

Comment

It's a civil matter.. I had something similar on a 2004 Gto
          Not exactly the same scenario but I think yours is civic as well
          Name: Micah Faith Petty (she is from richardson) red head sold me a gto and was supposed to pay it off but never did and i went through a legal situation.. she has fell off the face of the earth and i want my fucking money.. sent her several emails and nothing(no new phone number).. i could really use the money now as i have
          Last edited by Stephen; 10-18-2016, 06:56 PM.
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

He's due in court to plead on a marijuana case on the 27th..Maybe you could meet him there ?
            https://apps.collincountytx.gov/Judi...Cbrett%7C1%7C1
            Time for a DFWM get together

Comment

ive done bonded titles I have a title lady but without a lien release from the title loan place I'm stuck
              Never done a bonded title in my life, i might be able to help you out if you need it. Good luck...

Comment

5 titles a year was the limit years ago in Collins county. After that you have to apply for a dealers exemption which costs a $250 application fee.

That was years ago, I was trying to register a car in December so I just waited another month and I was good

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  What I have seen over the years is people get a title loan and then go to the DMV and get a certified copy. It takes like 30 minutes of waiting and 5 bucks. They then sell the car and the new owner is fucked. Call the title loan place and see what he owes on it. Work a deal with them and thennnn he would have to get it to you. Part out?
                  Had this happen recently, except the guy made a very authentic fake title and fake ID. I even called the DMV beforehand to make sure there was no lien, but I guess the lien hadn't showed up in their system yet is my guess.
                  Fuck Houston. There is a hub of hispanic guys down there that do this scam. They somehow steal trucks from dealerships WITH the actual keys, make a fake ID/fake title to match, then sell them on CL in less than an hour or so. I got in touch with the HPD about it as well as one of the Ford dealers that had not discovered their trucks was even missing yet.
                  I'm not sure if anything has come of it, as they really seemed to not give a fuck. However, there is definitely a network of scammers down there with some damn nice equipment for making fake documents and stealing diesel 4x4 trucks specifically.
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

what time? i'll go
                    Doesn't sound to me like the guy is going to have the money. But if all else fails, that title company will eventually write it off as a loss. At that point, you should be able to get them to sign a release, or maybe just wait it out and if they write it off, the lien may just disappear. Not real sure, but it could be forever.
                    WH

Comment

Hmm... Just wondering if it's a roller because he sold stuff off of the car because he still owed money on the title loan and couldn't sell the car outright.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Doesn't sound to me like the guy is going to have the money. But if all else fails, that title company will eventually write it off as a loss. At that point, you should be able to get them to sign a release, or maybe just wait it out and if they write it off, the lien may just disappear. Not real sure, but it could be forever.
                        I kinda think they just send the tow truck to pick up THEIR car. They own it if he defaults if the have a perfected lien that defaulted. Doesn't matter what a bill of sale says.

Comment

I kinda think they just send the tow truck to pick up THEIR car. They own it if he defaults if the have a perfected lien that defaulted. Doesn't matter what a bill of sale says.
                          Can't pick up what you can't find.

Comment

Bingo. I just did this. Guy bought a car from me on note, stopped paying, sold it to someone else without a title, and then I repoed it out of that guys yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                              5 titles a year was the limit years ago in Collins county. After that you have to apply for a dealers exemption which costs a $250 application fee.

That was years ago, I was trying to register a car in December so I just waited another month and I was good
                              Put in your wife's name?
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Let's ride on this fool at his own barbecue!

*rabble rabble*
                                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X