I got scammed need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    So modding a car you are haven't paid off is against the law? Like if I just really hated floor mats and hubcaps and threw them away I could be fined?
    I did an edit on that, couldn't find that law, think it was a bullshit link.

I do know that it's a state jail felony to part out a car that you have financed personally, as is selling it without a title, but I really couldn't find anything about a third party.
    Last edited by JC316; 10-24-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

how much did you pay for the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I'm saying the title loan place probably did something to deserve the shell to be dropped off, otherwise Whiteboy wouldn't be able to drop the shell off. Karma would stop it somehow, like making the tow truck break down.
        Yeah, like opened their doors that morning and took advantage of countless people.

Comment

I can remember a thread on dsm tuners about a guy who parted out a gsx that mitsubishi refused to lemon law, (maybe it was pre-lemon law

Anyways he parted out his 1999 gsx with extremely low mileage because the motor crank walked again. He took every single part off of the shell, cut this pristine shell into small sections and dumped the scrap at his dealer. He walked inside and gave the service manager his keys and the actual vin plate and told them the car is in the lot for repo

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            Yeah, like opened their doors that morning and took advantage of countless people.

I don't understand this thought process. If you don't do your research before going to one of these places, how is that the fault of the business? If these people had good credit, they wouldn't need to go to a title loan joint in the first place.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I don't understand this thought process. If you don't do your research before going to one of these places, how is that the fault of the business? If these people had good credit, they wouldn't need to go to a title loan joint in the first place.
              well true, but they thrive on people being in a bind and having no other choice but to accept their ridiculous interest rates/policies...so in a sense, they take advantage of other peoples disadvantage. Companies like that trap people into a never ending cycle just with the high interest rate...they're not trying to help.

I don't do business with them or check cashing places, never needed to. I'm just speaking up for the unfortunate. And by that I mean those that DIDN'T get into poverty by making a career of bad decisions. But I get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                I can remember a thread on dsm tuners about a guy who parted out a gsx that mitsubishi refused to lemon law, (maybe it was pre-lemon law

Anyways he parted out his 1999 gsx with extremely low mileage because the motor crank walked again. He took every single part off of the shell, cut this pristine shell into small sections and dumped the scrap at his dealer. He walked inside and gave the service manager his keys and the actual vin plate and told them the car is in the lot for repo
                And then he still owed the full payoff to his finance company. LMAO.. Talk about misdirected anger, homeboy fucked himself more than anyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  This is kind of what I was getting at with the karma post above.

It's not their fault some piece of shit scammer decided to get a copy of his title before it got a lein, and then not only took their money for the car, but someone else's (whiteboy's) with a scam.

With a proper bill of sale, whiteboy should be capable of taking legal action against the scammer.

Is it the fun and cheap method? No. Is it the right thing to do? Well, yea.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    I'd have to side with the business. Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to walk in there. Nature should be allowed to take its course, and that business should close down, due to lack of customers. Everyone should just recognize them for rip off joints, and not go there. Since that's not going to happen, people who use the business, deserve whatever they get for participating. They could just stop buying so much beer and cigarettes (or whatever their self inflicted problem is) and get their priorities straight. Then they wouldn't need any rip off joint for a loan.

I don't see anything wrong with capitalizing on the poor decisions of morons. Morons are going to make poor life decisions, and that's the way its gonna be. If someone has figured out a way to make money on this fact of life, then more power to 'em. I'm a free market kinda guy.
                    WH

Comment

I bought the title from the title loan place really only out a extra $500 on the whole deal. just waiting on the correct ecu and it will be up forsale

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        And then he still owed the full payoff to his finance company. LMAO.. Talk about misdirected anger, homeboy fucked himself more than anyone else!
                        The situation, as I recall it was of a 22 year old maxing out his credit, the engine being blown, 6 months in the shop waiting for rebuild covered under warranty, at which point he lost his job, received the car back at which point he intended to sell it, the motor knocking again after a few hundred miles, the dealer voiding his warranty, being evicted from an apartment, and needing cash for a down payment on a new apartment and a beater car to daily drive. Tried to find the thread but it must have been back in the days of the yahoo DSM mailing club

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                          The situation, as I recall it was of a 22 year old maxing out his credit, the engine being blown, 6 months in the shop waiting for rebuild covered under warranty, at which point he lost his job, received the car back at which point he intended to sell it, the motor knocking again after a few hundred miles, the dealer voiding his warranty, being evicted from an apartment, and needing cash for a down payment on a new apartment and a beater car to daily drive. Tried to find the thread but it must have been back in the days of the yahoo DSM mailing club
                          Did he dig himself into those other problems by being vindictive and very short-sighted, making things far worse for himself than need be? That would be my bet.

Comment

So the moral of the story is,

Never buy a car without walking away with title in hand.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

No, Even with title in hand you can get fucked.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

Title and full bill of sale, signed.

While you may still get screwed over on the car, at least you have the chance to win any legal actions you take.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X