Ammendment 69 in Colorado - additional 10% payroll tax for Healthcare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Have you ever stepped foot in Colorado? If you had, you'd know this is false. Colorado is VERY red, outside of Denver. Same as it is here, outside of Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
    But it's like Illinois and California. Where the population centers end up outweighing the rest of the state:

2008 Election:

2012 Election:

CO was once very red, but the liberal flight from CA has converted it, just like OR, WA.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      But it's like Illinois and California. Where the population centers end up outweighing the rest of the state:

2008 Election:

2012 Election:

CO was once very red, but the liberal flight from CA has converted it, just like OR, WA.
      Not quite like WA and OR yet, but certainly heading that direction. I remember hearing my dad bitch about all of the Californians ruining OR and WA back in the 80's.

Of course, he was from California originally too. lol

He was right though. I won't even go to Portland unless I absolutely have to when I am up there. The fucking 20 something year old homeless population is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Not quite like WA and OR yet, but certainly heading that direction. I remember hearing my dad bitch about all of the Californians ruining OR and WA back in the 80's.

Of course, he was from California originally too. lol

He was right though. I won't even go to Portland unless I absolutely have to when I am up there. The fucking 20 something year old homeless population is ludicrous.
        Both Washington and Oregon went Blue in both last two elections, despite the red (especially Oregon):

2008:

2012:

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Have you ever stepped foot in Colorado? If you had, you'd know this is false. Colorado is VERY red, outside of Denver. Same as it is here, outside of Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
          Twice. Age 4, and 6. Trips to pikes peak. Barely remember it. There was a big bug collection house somewhere...But yeah just another case of a city getting to say what goes for everyone else in the state.
          WH

Comment

Lol, yeah it's 85 octane all over.

Colorado has been headed this way for quite some time, it is a product of the urban population increase and political purpling. Friends if mine have fled or are beginning to think seriously about leaving the Denver area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              Lol, yeah it's 85 octane all over.

Colorado has been headed this way for quite some time, no surprise. Friends of mine have fled or are beginning to think seriously about leaving the Denver area.
              I wonder how Colorado Springs is.. I was stationed at Carson in 96/97 and it still seemed pretty conservative.. Of course, it's primarily a military town with NORAD and the AF Academy also there.

Comment

I wonder how Colorado Springs is.. I was stationed at Carson in 96/97 and it still seemed pretty conservative.. Of course, it's primarily a military town with NORAD and the AF Academy also there.
                It's kind of hipster-ish. Ran into a lot of good folks. We went to a dive joint that I didn't want to because the chef was out front crying on a waitresses shoulders... I will say it (Brother Luck) has probably the best hamburger I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  because the chef was out front crying on a waitresses shoulders...
                  That's a cook, not a chef. Real chefs don't fucking cry, especially on some twat's shoulders.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's a cook, not a chef. Real chefs don't fucking cry, especially on some twat's shoulders.
                    From what I understood he was the owner? I could be wrong, though. He's been on some cooking shows like chopped or bobby flay or some shit.

Edit** Actually I just looked him up. Definitely wasn't him.

Comment

I haven't been through Colorado springs in years. The majority of CO is pretty conservative, Denver is something different.

The most liberal cities in Colorado are Denver and Boulder for 2024 based on Saturday Night Science.

After analyzing every single city in Colorado with populations greater than 5,000, these are the 10 most liberal cities in the state:

Denver (Photos)
                      Lafayette (Photos)
                      Longmont (Photos)
                      Louisville (Photos)
                      Boulder (Photos)
                      Erie (Photos)
                      Superior (Photos)
                      Aspen (Photos)
                      Gunnison (Photos)
                      Northglenn (Photos)
                      If you’re wondering, Craig is the most conservative city of all in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                        I'm actually giving up in Colorado. I just moved here too late. I've been house shopping for a year straight and everything I've seen that I liked is in the 700k+ range for 1500-2000sq feet, maybe alittle more.

I bring home over 50k a year net and go from paycheck to paycheck just living in a rent condo. They also take 25% across the board (after insurance) and you have to pay a special tax just to work in Denver.

My condo was 1700 for 650 sq feet in a shit part of town.. I just bought a house in Lake Worth (2 minutes away from palm beach) for 170k and it's amazing. Glad to be moving and getting away from all the traffic. It literally takes you 1 hour to go 10 miles if you are on the roads anywhere between 6am-7pm.

If you do come, to live comfortable make sure you and your spouse have a combined income of over 100k net and don't expect to save a lot either on that.

Plus the highest fucking octane gas they sell here is 91.. Most people use 85. I've never even seen 85 before..
                        I know shit is expensive in Colorado but where are you looking to buy? I have a 3/2.5 2000 sq ft house in Douglas County five minutes from the Pike National Forest. I gave $210K for it in 2009. It would probably go for $325K today and I would not consider selling it for that. The only stuff that is anywhere close to $700K and near me is over 3000sq ft and on a golf course or tucked back into a state park.

Traffic can be a bitch for sure. There is always some sort of construction going on on every major artery in the Denver area. Luckily I report to an office that is 15 minutes from my house in part of town that is mostly residential. But last week I had a an offsite meeting. It took me 45 minutes to go the last mile due to an accident miles up the road.

I guess I moved here at the right time because it would take some dire straits to make me look at moving back to Texas or anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah, so do I, so they say. It's better than many, I will admit.. But I have had much better buy-up plans in the past. As it is our premiums have held where others have gone way up, but deductibles and out of pocket maximums keep going up instead.
                          And our premiums are going up now.. Not much, it sounds like, but got this this morning:

We want to give you advance notice of the changes that will be happening with the Cigna Buy Up Plan for 2017. The good news is that the plan design and copays will remain the same. There will be a slight increase in the rates of 4.4%. This increase is happening at both the employee and employer level. The value of this plan is still very high with **Employer** contributing 70% of the cost into the plan and you contributing 30%.

During Open Enrollment you will have the opportunity to change plans into the Core or HSA if you wish to switch to a lower value plan.

Comment

My premiums are going up about 8.5%, with the employer share of the total cost just under 75%.

Comment

That shit got swatted out of the damn arena like Mutombo blocking a Kevin Hart layup. 80% no, 20% yes.

I think that's enough of a beating to where they won't try that shit again for a while. WTF were they thinking?

The "assist to die" thing passed, which is great.

They also passed allowing independent voters the right to vote in the primaries. Good!

They said hell no to the tobacco tax. Good.

They made it harder to change the state constitution. This, I think is good, if I believe what they say about special interest groups changing shit too easily to fit their own agendas.

The only thing I don't like is that they passed the increased minimum wage. It's supposed to go up to $12/hour over the next couple of years. Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                                that shit got swatted out of the damn arena like mutombo blocking a kevin hart layup.
                                lol.. "not in ma house!"

Comment

Working...
                                X