Need new tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new tires.

Last year I put a set of Michelin Defenders on my 2013 Civic LX coupe. They are rated at 90K miles, I figured if I got 1/2 of that, I would be good. Well, I am now due for tires and I only got about 30K miles out of them. Discount Tire is going to be pro-rating them and I need to decide if I am going back with the same tire or trying something different.

I drive about 30K miles a year, 500-600 a week on average. about 70-80% of that is highway miles, the rest is done driving in circles on concrete streets in the subdivision I work in.

I really liked the wet traction of the Defender, road noise wasn't too bad, I just wish that they had lasted longer.

Any recommendations?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

How often did you rotate them?

Comment

No idea on your question but what did Discount have to say about you only getting about half the life out of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        How often did you rotate them?
        every other oil change, which comes out to about every 3 months or so.

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        No idea on your question but what did Discount have to say about you only getting about half the life out of them?
        Looking for tire recommendations, my only complaint about these tires has been only getting 25-30K miles out of them. However, Discount said they would pro-rate the tires with no question asked, so in the long run, I don't really lose anything with the reduced tread wear.

Comment

I've had great results with the Yokohama Geolander.

Any added weight?

We ran a set of cooper cs4 ( I believe) on my wife's Jetta and I loved them, super quiet and got great treadwear out of them.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I think they've gone to the CS5 now.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Last year I put a set of Michelin Defenders on my 2013 Civic LX coupe. They are rated at 90K miles, I figured if I got 1/2 of that, I would be good. Well, I am now due for tires and I only got about 30K miles out of them. Discount Tire is going to be pro-rating them and I need to decide if I am going back with the same tire or trying something different.

I drive about 30K miles a year, 500-600 a week on average. about 70-80% of that is highway miles, the rest is done driving in circles on concrete streets in the subdivision I work in.

I really liked the wet traction of the Defender, road noise wasn't too bad, I just wish that they had lasted longer.

Any recommendations?
              I'd be willing to bet this plays a big role in how quickly you're going through them. Either that or you just happened to get a defective set. My last set of tires were 60k mile tires and I got every bit of that. This was on a full size truck. I think they were Michelin's...or Bridgestone's.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                I'd be willing to bet this plays a big role in how quickly you're going through them. Either that or you just happened to get a defective set. My last set of tires were 60k mile tires and I got every bit of that. This was on a full size truck. I think they were Michelin's...or Bridgestone's.
                It does have an effect. We all go through tires a bit quicker than what they are rated. Though I did hope to get 1/2 of what these were rated at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Also let me clarify. They aren't bald. I've probably got 5k miles or so left in them, however, I have a drone and after a week with the Honda dealer, we decided I need to replace the tire so I am doing a whole set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X