No announcement yet.

2017 Dodge 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ridden in several. Shoulder room sucks for a big guy. Enough to make it not an option at all for me, if I were looking. They seem to ride nice, though.

Comment

At 6-3 250lbs I fit just fine in my 2014. So far no issues and very happy with it. Will be 3 years of ownership in January.
      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
      Work In Progress

Comment

I'll take the truck built in Texas over the one built in Mexico by an Italian company.

Comment

I love my super duty. Probably going to go buy a new one in the summer. I'd get one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by lowfast View Post
            At 6-3 250lbs I fit just fine in my 2014. So far no issues and very happy with it. Will be 3 years of ownership in January.
            Good for you, shrimp!

Comment

Glad to see at least some people now realize the huge differences between the new gen and older gen Dodges.

96k miles on my '12 1500. I just replaced a battery, and the only other issue I had was a road hazard deal (not a mechanical failure). My Dad has 160k on his '12. Only issue he has had is that he just had to replace the battery cable ends.

Jared - you don't qualify as a "big guy". You're a fucking Yeti.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                I've ridden in several. Shoulder room sucks for a big guy. Enough to make it not an option at all for me, if I were looking.
                I had an '06 Ram quad cab for a while and that thing was enormous. Everyone that rode in it said they felt like an elf or something sitting on those big old seats. The new ones are even bigger, and even that is not big enough?

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Jared - you don't qualify as a "big guy". You're a fucking Yeti.
                No shit!!
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Didn't intend to start a Dodge bash-a-thon, lol, I was just pitching shit about the dash.

I was somewhat serious about the resale value, though the diesel helps the Dodge, IMO. I really just was curious what would motivate someone to trade a seemingly good 1 year old full size truck, for a brand new full sized truck.

Moving for the towing ability makes sense, though I still question if it's worth the depreciation you are going to realize on the 1 year old truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Didn't intend to start a Dodge bash-a-thon, lol, I was just pitching shit about the dash.

I was somewhat serious about the resale value, though the diesel helps the Dodge, IMO. I really just was curious what would motivate someone to trade a seemingly good 1 year old full size truck, for a brand new full sized truck.

Moving for the towing ability makes sense, though I still question if it's worth the depreciation you are going to realize on the 1 year old truck.
                    I'll wager my 03 D2500 Diesel is worth twice what a 03 Tundra 4x4 is worth with the same miles.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I'll wager my 03 D2500 Diesel is worth twice what a 03 Tundra 4x4 is worth with the same miles.
                      Yeah, as I said, the diesel (and 3/4 ton) obviously makes a difference, and in all fairness pretty much no 14 year old gas truck is worth anything. lol

Comment

It's just something I've been thinking about. If I didn't already have my Tundra and I was shopping for a new truck I'd definitely go with the 2500 for about $40K. But not sure if it would be a smart move to trade it in for the new truck.

Comment

though I still question if it's worth the depreciation you are going to realize on the 1 year old truck.
                          Yeah, as I said, the diesel (and 3/4 ton) obviously makes a difference, and in all fairness pretty much no 14 year old gas truck is worth anything. lol
                          That is where I was going, in regards to the depreciation. He's hopefully going to see a better value in the diesel than to continue to take a larger loss on the gas half ton (assuming he keeps it around for many years.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That is where I was going, in regards to the depreciation. He's hopefully going to see a better value in the diesel than to continue to take a larger loss on the gas half ton (assuming he keeps it around for many years.
                            For sure.. Though I was talking more short term initially, since nobody keeps shit that long anymore.

Comment

For sure.. Though I was talking more short term initially, since nobody keeps shit that long anymore.
                              Yeah, I guess I forget that, since Im one of the oddballs. Ive been in my truck 10 years or so, we've still got mandi's highlander we bought in ~06.

Comment

I do plan on keeping whichever truck I end up with for many years. At least 10+ years or as long as I can. Before the Tundra I had a 2001 F-150 with about 160K miles that I sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X