Pool players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool players

I thought I had a thread about this on this board, however, I couldn't find it. It must have been on the old board.

I want to get back to shooting pool regularly and maybe even join an APA league. I have 2 cue sticks, a McDermott sneaky pete and a Viking. I prefer my Viking over the pete, if for nothing more than not looking like a pool shark.
    I broke the shaft on the Viking many years ago during a whiskey rage playing on an unforgiving table.

For those of you who are serious players, do you have an aftermarket preference? Do you have an aftermarket one on your current cue? How does it play?

I did my best to avoid another QOTD, but I'm sure someone will figure out a way! lol.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Talk moar about previous whiskey rages
    WH

Comment

I've had a few cues over the years, but the one I use primarily is a 19 oz. custom crafted cue that I got from Golden Shark Billiards Of Texas. I think the company is now defunct, which is a shame because the owners were good people. Buddy that I shoot pool with uses a fiberglass cue. I don't care for it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Talk moar about previous whiskey rages
        Jack Daniels, women, and a pool table with deep pockets. I took a shot a nail on every other table I played on at the time and it hung up in the pocket on the edge of the table. Pretty sure it cost me some cash, and unfortunately my favorite cue

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
        I've had a few cues over the years, but the one I use primarily is a 19 oz. custom crafted cue that I got from Golden Shark Billiards Of Texas. I think the company is now defunct, which is a shame because the owners were good people. Buddy that I shoot pool with uses a fiberglass cue. I don't care for it at all.
        I prefer a light cue, my viking is an 18 oz. I can't stand shooting with a fiberglass cue, they just don't feel right. The last time I was looking for a replacement, I was looking at OB and predator.

Comment

Put a Predator Z-3 shaft on your Viking and call it a day.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            Put a Predator Z-3 shaft on your Viking and call it a day.
            yep

Comment

fuck a predator. contact a custom cue maker and have them make you one.

Steve Klein in Roanoke does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

I'm not ballin' out of control yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

He likes his Viking, and that shaft is solid. Keeps his favorite cue in his bag and can be done for ~250ish.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    He likes his Viking, and that shaft is solid. Keeps his favorite cue in his bag and can be done for ~250ish.
                    I meant make a new shaft, which should run about $200. You can specify weight, balance, taper, ferrule, tip, etc....

Comment

I meant make a new shaft, which should run about $200. You can specify weight, balance, taper, ferrule, tip, etc....
                      yeah, most of those specs are WAY beyond any attention I've ever paid to a cue! I prefer plug and play with as little thinking and research as possible, with at most the desire to change the tip
                      Last edited by black2002ls; 12-16-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

and you call yourself a pool player........ pffft...

Comment

and you call yourself a pool player........ pffft...
                          I can hold my own in most situations. I'm not a top caliber player, however, I haven't played seriously in 5 years or so.

Comment

Roscoe doesn't know anything about cues!

I started playing again recently after not touching a cue for a few years. Right now I'm shooting with a cheap Mezz that I picked up off a buddy that needed cash.

You can't really go wrong with what Don or Ross suggested.

Comment

I'm not a Predator fan either. OB-1 is much better. Costs less too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X