Daily driver suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    I think they're oddly styled too. I have never driven one either, but you see scads of them all over the place (along with 300s) so they are either really reliable, really easy to maintain, or just dirt cheap.
    Yeah, they're kind of everywhere. I really do like the styling of the 300 and did some research on them. The years and miles have apparently not been kind, and they don't score well from a long-term reliability standpoint. That's really one of the main things here. I just want a daily that's reasonably comfy with some luxury options that I don't have to worry about whether it's going to start in the morning or not.

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Curious as to why the year limitation. Is it just for parts availability, or because you want more modern interior features, or what?
    It's entirely artificial. If anything, I'm trying to buy newer than I am otherwise inclined to. I like the idea of a lot of car for the money that's 10 years old, but that can turn into a car that's approaching 15 years and getting worn out pretty fast.

Originally posted by 4king View Post
    The hyundai genesis sedan comes with radar guided cruise control, lane departure, nav, heated and cooled drivers seat all for around the same price or cheaper. It has a 4.6 v8 with a 6 speed automatic

To me the genesis is alot more sporty than the 300's grand daddy's cadillac bones make it look
    I might have to look at the Genesis sedan. That's way under my radar, but exactly why I asked y'all.

Originally posted by 4king View Post
    The g37 and especially g35 are out of the discussion because of their dated looking interiors and basic options. There seems to be no distinguishable qualities about individual cars and the one you pick will be the exact same as the one next to you at the stop light, which would be the while reason to want something a little nicer and a little more different than a standard daily driver
    Does not compute.

Originally posted by BP View Post
    If you were slightly flexible on the mileage/dollars that's 2011 GT range.
    I'm in a Mustang as a daily now, and miss having a couple more doors.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

Does not compute.

I'm in a Mustang as a daily now, and miss having a couple more doors.

It might just be the fact that they are so well sold, but I see them on a constant basis in extremely neglected condition that I have no inclination to own one.

Comment

Look at the cadillac DTS. I have a 2010 on my lot right now and I am fairly impressed. A lot of the northstar issue got fixed after 05. Good power, nice interior, and under your 16K budget.

Comment

Huh, I thought the ATS was FWD. I guess not?

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Look at the cadillac DTS. I have a 2010 on my lot right now and I am fairly impressed. A lot of the northstar issue got fixed after 05. Good power, nice interior, and under your 16K budget.
          Good to know. They seem quite affordable for that much metal. I would hope they have the Northstar figured out (or abandoned) by now. Had a brief experience with one that was a 2000 I think, and that thing was a PITA.

Comment

Interested in a CTS-V (second gen)?
            Originally posted by Buzzo
            Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
              Interested in a CTS-V (second gen)?
              depending on milage and price, yes!

Comment

119k, less than 1k on new blower and engine installed by GM.

$23k
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Good to know. They seem quite affordable for that much metal. I would hope they have the Northstar figured out (or abandoned) by now. Had a brief experience with one that was a 2000 I think, and that thing was a PITA.
                  It's definitely a lot of car for the money. The head gasket issues were taken care of, but they still seep oil from the half case. I had a 98 Seville that I put head gaskets in. That job was no fun, but the car gave me no real issues for 50K miles after that.

Comment

I daily my 1990 7up 5.0 Vert..
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Unless you're getting the cts-v I'd probably stay away from caddy.. they sure seem to depreciate Fraser than Lexus or infinity, I myself am stuck in the 90's so I can get cars for super cheap and they have already depreciated all the way down to jack shit haha..
                      my delivery car is a 98 Sentra 5spd.. zero bitches n hoes flocking my way lol
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I test drove a 2011 300c at lute riley honda on saturday, it's a nice car with all the convenience you could want, but it is definitely a big car and drove like a big car. The acceleration was great but I was not use to the chassis being very rigid and the shocks being so over sensitive. It makes the car handle very floaty. Granted it had 96k miles and they were only asking 13.5 but it felt like the struts needed to be stronger or replaced.

At the same time I went just next door to the Richardson chrysler jeep dodge to test drive a higher mileage 2015 challenger. I'm not sure if it was just because it was around 5pm on a Saturday but all of the sales guys seemed like they needed to all go chain smoking at once, but they were all frantic. While we went for a test drive we came back and the service manager came out and said he would give us a screaming deal on both the challengers we test drove, I made a ludicrous offer, they took it, I started going over the car fax and a sales guy comes in and grabs the keys off the counter and peels out of the parking lot. The guy we were dealing with comes in and says sorry the car just sold to some one else, we talk to him a little longer and the other sales guy comes back in the car and parks it back in the same spot. Wife and I were just kind of like ok wtf, we were the only people here and we see all of your staff outside around it now chain smoking again. Oh well. My offer was 19.5 on a 2015 and they said they would do it, but then I guess they had a change of heart and peeled out of the lot with the car. Ok not use to games like that

Comment

4King, that sounds shady as hell. I'd avoid that dealer at all costs.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Unless you're getting the cts-v I'd probably stay away from caddy.. they sure seem to depreciate Fraser than Lexus or infinity, I myself am stuck in the 90's so I can get cars for super cheap and they have already depreciated all the way down to jack shit haha..
                          I guess. That's part of the reason for buying a 5-7 year old version. It's taken most of that hit already and has years left.By the time I'd sell, I'd have gotten my money's worth. At least, that's the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                            Would be fun as a daily.
                            I think it'd be fun for a bit, but once most drivers see that, some may get out of your way, but most may become far worse retards than they already are, think they are going to get pulled over and slow down below the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Exactly why I don't by new for me. New my caddy was probably around 40k or more. I got it for 18,900 three years later. The coupes hold their value better than the 4dr's that is for sure and you couldn't touch it in Dallas in the color I wanted for under 22-24k with the options. This is my test for GM again and I even bought the last generation of the body style. I figure if they can't make a reliable Cadillac then they have issues still. Time will tell though.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X