No announcement yet.

Tifosi Performance - anyone know them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tifosi Performance - anyone know them?

I spend a lot of time on an F150 Ecoboost forum and a shop out of Keller just became an advertiser on that forum. They're pushing F150 Ecoboost packages.

Has anyone here used them or heard anything about them?

http://www.tifosiperformance.com/

I've got a giant pile of parts sitting in my office that I've gathered over the last 18 months and I just don't have time to install it all. I'd like to find a relatively local shop than I can trust with installation and tuning for the truck (though I could always do remote tuning with another shop that has more experience with the EB).
    Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 01-25-2017, 12:07 AM. Reason: spelling

I don't have any experience with them but I'd go with remote tuning with an experienced ecoboost tuner. I've had my truck tuned for 91K miles and never had an issue. They are very hard to tune on the dyno. Let me know if you want the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
      I don't have any experience with them but I'd go with remote tuning with an experienced ecoboost tuner. I've had my truck tuned for 91K miles and never had an issue. They are very hard to tune on the dyno. Let me know if you want the name.
      I'm going to call Tifosi tomorrow to see how much experience they've got with the Ecoboost. The work I'm looking to get done is not that extensive, just more time consuming than I can handle at this point. Swapping turbos, fuel pump, ported exhaust manifolds and a few other minor bolt-ons.

Who tuned your truck? LET, MPT, 5 Star, Unleashed, SSI (Lord I hope not)?

Comment

I had a 5 star tune when I first bout my tuner from Stage 3 motorsports. I had it on there for about 100 miles until I stumbled upon SSI. I have been SSI tuned ever since with 0 problems. I know all about the drama over on .net with Shawn but I have never had a bad experience with the guy. My truck runs flawless and consistently surprises a lot of people. I've put it on the dyno before just to check the AFR and it was spot on where it should be.

Comment

I had an SSI tune for a little while on my '13 EB when it had about 40K miles on it. Ran like a scalded dog and got better mileage but would surge and buck like crazy if you had the cruise on and went down a slight grade. He revised it several times for no charge but to no avail. It is a pain in the butt to get through to Shawn but I liked him just fine. Just never could get the tune right. It's been back to stock for 30K miles with no issues and I have a SCT iTSX with tune ($500) sitting and collecting dust.
          Only other problem I had with SSI was I also paid for a cooler thermostat when I bought my tuner but never got it. Called and was assured multiple times it would be sent... still waiting.
          '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            I had a 5 star tune when I first bout my tuner from Stage 3 motorsports. I had it on there for about 100 miles until I stumbled upon SSI. I have been SSI tuned ever since with 0 problems. I know all about the drama over on .net with Shawn but I have never had a bad experience with the guy. My truck runs flawless and consistently surprises a lot of people. I've put it on the dyno before just to check the AFR and it was spot on where it should be.
            Originally posted by slingshot View Post
            I had an SSI tune for a little while on my '13 EB when it had about 40K miles on it. Ran like a scalded dog and got better mileage but would surge and buck like crazy if you had the cruise on and went down a slight grade. He revised it several times for no charge but to no avail. It is a pain in the butt to get through to Shawn but I liked him just fine. Just never could get the tune right. It's been back to stock for 30K miles with no issues and I have a SCT iTSX with tune ($500) sitting and collecting dust.
            Only other problem I had with SSI was I also paid for a cooler thermostat when I bought my tuner but never got it. Called and was assured multiple times it would be sent... still waiting.
            I'm glad you guys had good luck with SSI. I'm personally not willing to trust my engine to him based on countless reviews I've read online. Plus he sounds like a royal piece of shit and I wouldn't give him my hard earned money even if he safely made 50 HP more than everyone else.

Comment

To each their own. I'm rock'n SSI in my SHO and it is fantastic. Couldn't be happier with the support, service, power, tranmsission, etc, etc. Hell, I'll call Shawn just for the hell of it. Great guy. Don't be a dick, don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Hey Chris,

It's Jerry from Tifosi I used to hang out DFWStangs back in the day, don't do much on here but am considering becoming a vendor. Most of our guys are road racers but we are glad to help anyone in the community with their performance upgrades! Alignment, corner balance, custom fabrication, track side support, and everything in between.

Recent client's 302S:

302S by Jerry Khoury, on Flickr

I tried to log into the old DFWStangs site to see how long I was registered, I'm pretty sure it was pre-99'. Good old days of Notchbacks and Whipple charged 03' Cobras

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                X