Moving to Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Denver.

Well, it's officially official. Miyako and I are moving to Denver this spring. On the plus side we have mountains, better education opportunities for Carpenter, lots of great outdoor activities (I'm looking forward to fly fishing), more liberals to make fun of, etc., etc.

On the downside, a decent house starts at $400K, more liberals to make fun of, and it's not Texas. I'm not gonna lie, I love Texas. I realized that I've now spent most of my life in Texas. I've been here two more years than Louisiana, where I grew up.

The good news for me is that the Denton real estate market is much hotter than it was when I bought my house. I put it on Zillow and I've got two people prepared to make cash offers. I'm looking into getting a real estate attorney to handle the transaction. I'm still debating one whether or not to use a realtor for selling.

So that said, does anyone by chance have any realtor recommendations in the Denver area? I have zero contacts out there. I need one that really knows the school systems out there.

Oh, BTW, I'll be putting several items up for sale soon. This includes several of my wood working tools. I know some of you have expressed interest in buying my Ridgid Tablesaw. I need it to finish my house prep, but it'll be available afterwards.

Comment

rent for a year while you feel your way around

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
        rent for a year while you feel your way around
        That option is on the table. However I still need to nail down an area with a school system that can work with Carpenter's autism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          does anyone by chance have any realtor recommendations in the Denver area.
          A good friend of mine's wife is a realtor up there. I'll pm you info soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            That option is on the table. However I still need to nail down an area with a school system that can work with Carpenter's autism.
            Don't count on schools for this. You and your wife need to take the lead. My son is 17 now and doing really good. Anything is possible for him now. His mother not working with me almost doomed him.

Comment

Go to the state buildings downtown. It is like a giant homeless/weed party.

Comment

I'm in Centennial/DTC if you need anything.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Interested in the table saw.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Don't count on schools for this. You and your wife need to take the lead. My son is 17 now and doing really good. Anything is possible for him now. His mother not working with me almost doomed him.
                    Definitely. I've already got him in 40 hours of therapy. It's made a world of difference. We'll be keeping that up but he needs to go to a normal school. He's picking up bad habits from other autistic kids. I want him around neural typical kids so he can learn from them..

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    I'm in Centennial/DTC if you need anything.
                    Roger that and thanks..

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Interested in the table saw.
                    $400 and it's yours.. as soon as I'm done with it.. .

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      A good friend of mine's wife is a realtor up there. I'll pm you info soon.
                      Please do.. thanks..

Comment

I forgot. My friend up here is from South Louisiana and has the hookup on cajun meats. Seriously good andouille and tasso. Come to church with us and I'll introduce you.

Comment

You'll soon realize how flat and "boring" north Texas really is. I miss my family dearly, and will always be a Texan at heart, but there are definitely prettier places to live.

Congrats on what I assume is a lucrative job opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            I forgot. My friend up here is from South Louisiana and has the hookup on cajun meats. Seriously good andouille and tasso. Come to church with us and I'll introduce you.
                            Not intended to hijack, but that's not something I'd ever expected to see from you Yale.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Not intended to hijack, but that's not something I'd ever expected to see from you Yale.
                              My stepdad is the preacher, and it's a really laid back church. It feels like a big family.

Comment

Working...
                              X