Starplex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starplex

Has anyone been to the Starplex(or whatever it's named now) in Fair Park recently?

Is their 30.06 policy still the same? I've carried there before, just want to make sure it's still kosher to carry. I know the whole city/government property issue and all that jazz, just curious if anyone has been hassled about it.

Thanks
    G'Day Mate

I went to a bunch of shows last year and I wasn't allowed to carry. Heck, at some of the shows, I couldn't even have a wallet chain.
    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

They had a 51% sign posted at the ticket booth, but if that is gone you should be fine.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

This is Chicago/Doobie Brothers so I doubt wallet chains will be an issue.

I'll keep an eye out for the sign.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

I don't believe you can carry, they do metal detector wand everyone that goes in there. I was there for BFD a few weeks ago, but my buddy works for Pepsi and got us in free so I went through the back and didn't have to go through the gates and I left my pistol in the car.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

We've been to many shows out there over the last few years. Majority of them used metal detectors at the entrance after making you take everything metal out of your pockets.

Also to avoid some of the long line enter through the bar area entrance to the left rather than the bulk gate entrances. This would be on the east side. I have never parked on the west.

Comment

The west side parking is VIP and is $20.00, makes it alot easier to get in and out. I believe that the east side parking is free, well included in your ticket price.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                Has anyone been to the Starplex(or whatever it's named now) in Fair Park recently?

Is their 30.06 policy still the same? I've carried there before, just want to make sure it's still kosher to carry. I know the whole city/government property issue and all that jazz, just curious if anyone has been hassled about it.

Thanks
                You're going to need more than a CCW in far park. Especially if you have to stop at a gas station over there. "Outside the gate"

At least.
                Dragon skin body armor. AR with ten 30 round P-mags. Gas mask "for the stench" and a bag of crack! In case you get surrounded just throw the bag of crack at em. Well they're fighting for it now you can make your egress out of here.
                Last edited by soap; 06-14-2017, 11:39 AM.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                  You're going to need more than a CCW in far park. Especially if you have to stop at a gas station over there. "Outside the gate"

At least.
                  Dragon skin body armor. AR with ten 30 round P-mags. Gas mask "for the stench" and a bag of crack! In case you get surrounded just throw the bag of crack at em. Well they're fighting for it now you can make your egress out of here.
                  Yeah, not my first rodeo. It's not near that bad, it aint Highland Park, but it aint the thunderdome either.

Last time we went was to see either the Australian Pink Floyd show or Chicago and REO Speedwagen, can't remember, but it's been a year or more. Wasn't wanded or ran through a metal detector at either of them. In fact, I don't remember ever being checked (other than the wife's purse) when we've been to the venue, except for the Linkin Park show we went to 10 years ago. Maybe it's the acts that drives the need for heightened security.

I'll definitely have something in the car, might carry it to the gate just to see if they check, if they do I put it back, if not, I'm good.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post

At least.

Ok drama queen.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I would be amazed if you can carry there. They won't let you have a cap on a water bottle and won't let you have the actual bottle if you're in the front section.

Comment

Working...
                      X