Car hauler/ trailer rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car hauler/ trailer rental

Family is taking a vacation to visit family in Michigan and I'm wanting to take my Camaro. It's in Grand Rapids which has smooth roads and about 20 of my extended family members

I was planning to use a u-haul but if there is a better option I'm not aware of it figured you guys would be the best to ask about it

Pic for attention

Edit, sorry thought the board would resize
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 07-04-2017, 09:29 AM. Reason: Here, let me re-size it for you...

Just drive it not an option?

Comment

Check Craigslist, when I was looking to buy a trailer I ran across quite a few ads of people offering trailer rental.

Comment

Drive it ya puss. It's a clapped out fbody not some collectors rig. Plus you will have a lot more fun on the way

Comment

True, I'd rather not destroy the front end with bug guts though.

Not to mention the 3 piece wheels and unknown roads.

I have driven to Michigan in a 98 formula towing a wave runner before.

It's actually not clapped out, we'll compared to every fbody on Craigslist.

Comment

The Uhaul tandem axle car hauler is actually a pretty solid trailer. Surge brakes instead of electric brakes, but I've never had any problems the couple of times I rented one. Towed a car through the Ozark Mountains with one a few years back.

Comment

Buy one, use it for the trip, sell when you get back.. Even if you take $100 less, still cheaper than renting..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                Buy one, use it for the trip, sell when you get back.. Even if you take $100 less, still cheaper than renting..
                Yeah, had I planned better I would have done just that.

My dad is saying u-haul has a swap out warranty if a bearing or tire blows out. At worse I would just follow him to a town and swap the trailers

I've made the trip before in a 98 formula towing a wave runner, the road debris is hard on the front of these cars and it ended up really chewing up the paint on the urethane big bumpers

Comment

Working...
                X