Wood for smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood for smoker...

Anyone know where in The Colony/Little Elm/Aubrey area I can get some hickory or cooking wood? no mesquite plz..

Going to try and smoke my first official brisket

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Academy.

Comment

If you are wanting bulk (1/2 cord or more) I know a guy that will deliver and is real reasonable on his prices.

If you are just looking for enough to do 1 or 2 cooks, go to albertsons.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

just curious , why no mesquite ?

Comment

Thanks fellas! going to try academy since its closest to me...if they dont have any will try albersons...

and no mesquite because of the smell...its a lot stronger than other wood. I've used Apple/Hickory and mesquite to smoke ribs, and mesquite was by far the worst smelling one..
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Ace Hardware carries white oak and hickory chunks. Lowes usually has hickory chunks in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
              Anyone know where in The Colony/Little Elm/Aubrey area I can get some hickory or cooking wood? no mesquite plz..

Going to try and smoke my first official brisket

Thanks!
              I'm fairly certain the Kroger on n colony has some
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart all carry wood you can smoke with.

Comment

Use Oak for Brisket! Academy sells bags of wood chunks of that works for you.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks fellas...ended up getting some Oak and Hickory at Academy...it turned out pretty good for my first one...it was a baby 6 pound'er...just wish it was not as hot as it was outside.

Comment

I usually get ricks or cords from a guy out of oklahoma. It's never quite seasoned/dried 100% but he usually charges like 25 dollars to deliver and his prices for the wood itself are lower than any in the area.

Oak only that I buy, but he seems to have access to some other types of wood. Again, may not be 100% ready to go, but it's not bad. I typically burn my in a firepit before putting it my smoker anyway - so dries up there.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

i smoke them for 6-8 hrs then wrap up in foil and finish in the oven overnight at 150.
                        i use oak for heat and mesquite for smoke.

Comment

Working...
                        X