No announcement yet.

Photobucket: the last straw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Put all of your valuable stuff in the cloud.", they say.

"Everyone is moving to the cloud.", they say.

Well, that worked out well.

Comment

I downloaded all my stuff the other day.
      F those guys.

Comment

I have no remorse for anyone who still punishes other people by choosing to upload and share their content from photobucket in 2017.

It never fucking failed that if an image wasn't loading, or just took forever to load, the fucking path of it always lead back to photobucket.

Fuck them.
        sigpic

Comment

What are good alternatives? Besides imgshack, and does imgshack behave better in that way than photobucket?
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            What are good alternatives? Besides imgshack, and does imgshack behave better in that way than photobucket?
            Imgur

Comment

I mainly used it to post shit on here, or other forums, so I deleted my account. What a beating that even was! The Captcha kept adding more pictures, I had to select cars on like 4 different sets of pictures before I could delete it!

Comment

This is a huge PITA.
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

So, I can still see my pictures but you guys can't in threads? I looked at the big truck thread and they are still visible. I did pay a 2.99 fee one time to lose adds for life I thought, so maybee.......................... Or I will be deleting my shit today.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                    "Put all of your valuable stuff in the cloud.", they say.

"Everyone is moving to the cloud.", they say.

Well, that worked out well.
                    Funny you say that. I'm in IT and I'm about the most anti-cloud tech guy there is. I've always been a firm believer in controlling your own data.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      Funny you say that. I'm in IT and I'm about the most anti-cloud tech guy there is. I've always been a firm believer in controlling your own data.
                      I had a feeling years back that one day PB was going to stick it in peoples ass. If mine goes down or is down I am just going to save a few pics from each and delete the rest. I am surprised they haven't locked people out and demanded money to log in.

Who owns photobucket? Maybe a CNN supporter?
                      Last edited by kingjason; 07-06-2017, 10:19 AM.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        I had a feeling years back that one day PB was going to stick it in peoples ass. If mine goes down or is down I am just going to save a few pics from each and delete the rest. I am surprised they haven't locked people out and demanded money to log in.

Who owns photobucket? Maybe a CNN supporter?
                        facebook.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I never understood what Photobucket was or does (still don't), so I never used it. I guess that's a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            I never understood what Photobucket was or does (still don't), so I never used it. I guess that's a good thing.

Off the top of my head, Photobucket is an American image hosting and video hosting website, web services suite, and online community. Photobucket hosts more than 10 billion images from 100 million registered members, who upload more than four million images and videos per day from the Web and connected digital devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              facebook.
                              I heard it just recently sold. Not sure if that's true though.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                                Off the top of my head, Photobucket is an American image hosting and video hosting website, web services suite, and online community. Photobucket hosts more than 10 billion images from 100 million registered members, who upload more than four million images and videos per day from the Web and connected digital devices.
                                Ha! Whatever that means!

Comment

Working...
                                X