Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston

I've never been but I'll be headed down there in a few weeks. Are there some places on the beach that are better than others? Y'all have any recommendations for places to stay?
    .....bro....

Lone Star Flight Museum Home of the Texas Aviation Hall of Fame, with vintage aircraft & rides on war planes.

Comment

That's on my list
      .....bro....

Comment

stay at the Galvez if you aren't renting a house. best hotel on the island. eat at The Spot, i like to cross over to crystal beach. you can drive right up to the water, less crowded, etc.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Go eat at Farley Girl's down by the hospital, the Mosquito Cafe is good too.

Comment

We are going the last weekend of the month. Staying in Kemah on Friday night, checking out the boardwalk and then NASA on Saturday morning. We can't check into our house in Galveston until 3 on Saturday. Staying in a vacation rental Saturday and Sunday night.
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Rudy and paco's, best date place on island. Mosquito cafe is our other favorite.

Comment

Better go this week if you want to see the Lone Star Flight Museum. Have to go see them in Houston if you wait longer.

On July 15th, 2017 daily guest operations will come to a close at the Lone Star Flight Museum after nearly 27 years at Scholes Airport.

Comment

Here is our list of usual haunts:

Great Fried Shrimp and cold beer:
                  Join Us at Shrimp 'N Stuff in Galveston and Jamaica Beach for delicious, freshly caught and battered shrimp and seafood.

Upscale Dining without being over the top:
                  DEWIJOKER : AGEN GACOR SLOT GANAS GAMBLING JOKER123 TRUSTED MUDAH JP WIN , DEWIJOKER AGEN GACOR SLOT TRUSTED

Best Bar hangout location for beer, bar food and acting like a local:
                  Downstairs in the Sandbar Upstairs under the Palapa West End Marina & Restaurants Owner, John Turner has developed an iconic destination. Over the past 13 years, the local residents have transformed the long-ago bait camp into a first-class restaurant on

As far as where to stay.... dollar for dollar no hotel can match a rental on the island:

Comment

Shrimp N stuff at 39th and O on the island is one of the best places to eat at. Sea wolf park has a U-boat and another ship to explore. The air museum is awesome.
                    1995 Cobra #404
                    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Went last September. Less crowded and water was still warm enough that you could go night swimming and sex in the back seat at night. Good thing for extended can Chevy swinging doors. I stayed on Crystal beach. Much worth it if your not going any where else besides the beach .

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                        Went last September. Less crowded and water was still warm enough that you could go night swimming and sex in the back seat at night. Good thing for extended can Chevy swinging doors. I stayed on Crystal beach. Much worth it if your not going any where else besides the beach .
                        The sharks appreciate the late night snacks...
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

When I grew up Texas City, we use to go to Gaidos http://www.gaidos.com/ every few months. On Seawall Blvd. I think it's still rated up there as one of the best, although I have not gone in years.
                          Mustangs previously owned:
                          1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                          1992 LX AOD
                          1993 LX Drag Car
                          1995 GTS
                          1997 Cobra
                          2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                          Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                          2016 Honda Accord Touring
                          2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Working...
                          X