Looking for truck for my teenager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    It's summer. You should fly up with the kid and drive it back. Father & son road trip dude!
    We want to surprise him at his bday party. I was going to drive up and get it but I really don't want to do 28 hours of driving in a 48 hour window, and there's no way I can take more than one day off of work right now.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      We want to surprise him at his bday party. I was going to drive up and get it but I really don't want to do 28 hours of driving in a 48 hour window, and there's no way I can take more than one day off of work right now.
      Fuck work! Listen to a man that was at it for way too long and way to hard. I missed a lot of things with my kids and I regret it now. And don't think they don't remind me of it.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Fuck work!
        Words to live by...within the past year one of my uncle's and his two brothers who all work for the same company and are nearing retirement age are all starting to get sick, needing surgeries etc...happy retirement I guess

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          It's summer. You should fly up with the kid and drive it back. Father & son road trip dude!
          As a dad, I agree. And as a dad who is traveling too much for work this year, I can't recommend this strongly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Fuck work! Listen to a man that was at it for way too long and way to hard. I missed a lot of things with my kids and I regret it now. And don't think they don't remind me of it.
            Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
            Words to live by...within the past year one of my uncle's and his two brothers who all work for the same company and are nearing retirement age are all starting to get sick, needing surgeries etc...happy retirement I guess

I don't miss school functions, games, etc. I don't put work over family. I've got a shit ton of flexibility in my schedule 9 months out of the year, and get 5 weeks of vacation every year. The trade off is we don't take vacations from Mid June to Mid September and I always work 15-18 hours the day before Thanksgiving for a customer event. Those are not negotiable.

Comment

I don't miss school functions, games, etc. I don't put work over family. I've got a shit ton of flexibility in my schedule 9 months out of the year, and get 5 weeks of vacation every year. The trade off is we don't take vacations from Mid June to Mid September and I always work 15-18 hours the day before Thanksgiving for a customer event. Those are not negotiable.
              Sounds a lot like my job. Completely different industries though, I'm sure. My company takes great care of us. But longer days in the summer means linger work days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I did the two job deal for a number of years, and when my kids started asking when I was going to stay home with them, I quit the second.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  I did the two job deal for a number of years, and when my kids started asking when I was going to stay home with them, I quit the second.
                  Yeah. I put in my time. I worked 3 jobs until Kenny was about 3-4 out of necessity. Glad I'm not having to do that shit anymore.

Comment

Yeah. I put in my time. I worked 3 jobs until Kenny was about 3-4 out of necessity. Glad I'm not having to do that shit anymore.
                    Ill be back in the swing of the side work in a couple months, but at the shop behind the house instead. That was a large factor in selling our house and building the new one, so we could upgrade homes, and I get the shop I want. It will be especially cool to let the kids learn some stuff out there with me that they wont be able to elsewhere.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

when is his birthday?

We're heading up to Denver in September, we could try to get Jared to meet us halfway, and I could drive it back for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        when is his birthday?

We're heading up to Denver in September, we could try to get Jared to meet us halfway, and I could drive it back for ya.
                        8/15. I appreciate the offer. I've got a truck picking it up tonight or tomorrow morning and it will be here Thursday.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Comment

Glad to hear he finally unloaded that thing!

I was going to say, if we knew this a week and a half ago we probably could have been convinced to drive it home for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                            I know a lot of people love ford Rangers, but being tall and having to use them as fleet vehicles, to me they are nothing but a Geo metro.

If my choice was riding a bicycle or driving a Ranger, I'd be riding a bicycle. So if he sucks at driving and is always getting in trouble get him a Ford ranger
                            Best description I've ever heard of the rangers. God I hated those flip down rear seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Glad to hear he finally unloaded that thing!

I was going to say, if we knew this a week and a half ago we probably could have been convinced to drive it home for you too.
                              We didn't know when ya'll were up there. I had been looking at trucks exclusively. We had strongly considered the Explorer when we were up there last September, but I could not have hid that thing for a year, and shortly after we got back the squid pissed me off to the point where I told him he was on his own for a vehicle. As far as he knows, he's still on his own for a vehicle.
                              He's saved $1500 so far this summer. And he will continue giving me his paychecks up until his bday. But I told him last year that I hoped all the pairs of shoes he blew his money on, were comfortable enough for him to walk where he needed to go.

Besides, with tags 2 years out of date, etc; I'd want to be the only one taking that risk driving it back.

Comment

We didn't know when ya'll were up there. I had been looking at trucks exclusively. We had strongly considered the Explorer when we were up there last September, but I could not have hid that thing for a year, and shortly after we got back the squid pissed me off to the point where I told him he was on his own for a vehicle. As far as he knows, he's still on his own for a vehicle.
                                He's saved $1500 so far this summer. And he will continue giving me his paychecks up until his bday. But I told him last year that I hoped all the pairs of shoes he blew his money on, were comfortable enough for him to walk where he needed to go.

Besides, with tags 2 years out of date, etc; I'd want to be the only one taking that risk driving it back.
                                Yeah, just missed us by a couple of days.

As for registration, you can get a temp registration for a few bucks for that.. http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/regis...porary-permits

Comment

Working...
                                X