Looking for truck for my teenager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Yeah, just missed us by a couple of days.

As for registration, you can get a temp registration for a few bucks for that.. http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/regis...porary-permits
    The TX one is only good for TX. I'd have had to get one for NM and one for CO too. Already looked in to that route.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      The TX one is only good for TX. I'd have had to get one for NM and one for CO too. Already looked in to that route.
      I would skip NM.. You're only there for about an hour.

And I find it hard to believe a Colorado or NM cop would ticket you for out of date registration anyhow... But I am pretty certain that if they did pull you over, and you showed them a one trip permit, they would be ok with it.

Edity - Where did you even find that info? I'm not seeing anything of the sort and still think you would be fine. The TX page says it is valid for: "A trip in which the point of origin or the point of destination is in the State of Texas"

Typically an out of state cop can cite you for expired registration but I would think they should also honor a Texas temp permit via reciprocity. No different that honoring the Texas registration in the first place.
      Last edited by Chili; 07-25-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Edity - Where did you even find that info? I'm not seeing anything of the sort and still think you would be fine. The TX page says it is valid for: "A trip in which the point of origin or the point of destination is in the State of Texas"
        Under the 72 and 144 hour permits on the link you posted. Intrastate travel only.

There were other issues with driving it down, like, State Farm won't insure it until it's in our name. They'd do it with a bill of sale, but not until it's in my possession. Can't get a temp tag without insurance. And of course as I've already mentioned, time involved in driving it is an issue for me right now.

It's all moot at this point anyways. It is being picked up tonight and will be here Wed/Thurs.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Under the 72 and 144 hour permits on the link you posted. Intrastate travel only.

There were other issues with driving it down, like, State Farm won't insure it until it's in our name. They'd do it with a bill of sale, but not until it's in my possession. Can't get a temp tag without insurance. And of course as I've already mentioned, time involved in driving it is an issue for me right now.

It's all moot at this point anyways. It is being picked up tonight and will be here Wed/Thurs.
          Oh, I was looking at the one trip permit, and it is not limited to Texas. And for insurance, if you have insurance now, you have 30 days to add the new vehicle, so there is no reason that insurance would not suffice. We did a temp permit for one of Austin's cars and you just had to enter your insurance company and policy number, if I remember correctly.

But you're right, it doesn't matter now. I just figured it was better for correct information to be posted in case someone else goes through this in the future..

Comment

Working...
          X