Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help with ideas for my tv show-heavy equipment mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with ideas for my tv show-heavy equipment mods?

As some of you remember I had a tv production company approach me about doing a reality tv show where we modify heavy equipment. The contact I have at the company asked if we could come up with some ideas to modify machinery. We came up with a few but we need some better ones. If yall could come up with any ideas that I could pitch Id really appreciate it. If your idea gets used then Ill personally send you $500 for the help. Were at the very early stages in this whole deal and it might not ever happen. There's tons of show ideas that have pilots made and never see tv.
    Any kind of heavy equipment mods you guys can think of or if you have a machine that needs something added to it let me know. Excavators, dozers, skid steers, backhoe's, any and all of it.
    Thanks for any help!

Can you give an example? Are we talking cool life hack ideas or building a killdozer or ???

Off the top of my head I'd say something that functions like an amusement park ride like a crane with a custom built platform that can spin and swing or something like that. A nice mildly-dangerous spectacle. Skid steer bumper cars, backhoe with a giant chainsaw for epic scale ice sculptures. Any of this on the right track?

Comment

Killdozer tribute. You're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Killdozer tribute. You're welcome...
        Beat you to it.

Comment

Make one of those tractors for mud runs, or that pull heavy sleds until the weight is too much for it, and it bogs down.

Comment

Take a backhoe or some other similar vehicle, modify it with legs and make an Imperial Walker out of it. Well, a redneck Imperial Walker, but you get the idea.

Tractor or backhoe decked out satellite tv, mini fridge, etc so it is luxeurious and super comfortable. Reality tv loves crap like that. Hell, tractors may come with that setup now anyways the way shit is.

Take a dozer and convert it to an offroad vehicle and take it to the OHV park and test it out.

I'll post more stupid ideas as they hit me.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

They all sound great. I need a bunch of ideas to pitch. Im not sure what I can get away with or who's gonna foot the bill but we'll see. I thought about getting a military 5 ton and building a backhoe on the back of it. There's really no concept for the show as of yet other than "modify heavy equipment for people". I also though about finding some older equipment and repowering it with newer engines and decking out the cabs for all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Do a mod that helps someone like a disabled vet or someone struggling. Reality TV viewers eat sob stories up.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Fully functional power armour, like at the end of Aliens.

Put tracks on something stupid like an 18 wheeler or a crane.

How about something to fight forest fires. Think war rig from Mad Max Fur Road but more off road and a bunch of water nozzles. Or a fire proof bulldozer that can cut a huge fire line to stop the fire from spreading.

I also like the repowering idea. But that could be your side passion projects. Bringing life to old equipment. You could try making them electric for green reasons or something.

What about a drill at the end of a back hoe arm in place of the shovel. Like so it could be articulated over things.

Greyhound bus plus Greyhound bus to make one of those stupid articulating bendy busses but make it for a band that's on tour so it's all tricked out with stripper poles and a Jacuzzis and mirrors.
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Look up the 4x4 trail trucks that go into the backwoods and bring out broken and abandoned vehicles

Baha car hauler

big firefighting rig

Look up swamp buggy logger

Convert a dump truck into a big pickup. Everything is bigger in texas

camping rig, I saw a 12 wheeled missile launcher/hauler turned into an expo vehicle. Do it as a lux vehicle and not a survival camper

Damnation Alley remake/tribute

2 words Mad Max

find a military supplier and do a version of the following

Comment

Take equipment and convert it into a replica of famous movie vehicles. Could probably do several if you had the budget and time. Big rig from the road warrior, the troop transport assault thing from aliens, killdozer from the live action killdozer film, tracked hunter killers from T2, etc, etc. See if you can take a piece of equipment and turn it into a real transformer.

Could restore an old tank. Or find some really old piece of equipment like a 1930's backhoe or dozer and restore it; bonus points if you can find something from an important event like the hoover dam or panama canal construction.

Build a storm chasing vehicle. Or build some kind of bigfoot search vehicle for that stupid bigfoot show. People love reality tv crossovers like all that shit with pawn stars.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Put a top fuel motor in a steamroller and how fast you can go.
                        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Veg oil diesel conversions?

Yes and the Pimp my backhoe idea sounds good too..
                          WRX

Comment

don't use clickbait titles like your boy chuckE200

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              don't use clickbait titles like your boy chuckE200
                              Lol, but they do work. Im not planning on making my living off of youtube so I get to do anything I want on my videos. He's actually extremely frustrated having to tone down his vids so he doesnt upset a sponsor.

Comment

Working...
                              X