Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman calls police for noise, they kill her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Or at least once a year.. I have seen some pretty disgusting slobs wearing police uniforms.

Then again, I have seen some fat-asses in the Reserves and National Guard too..
    And active duty air force....
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      And active duty air force....
      Lol.. I don't remember seeing any fat Airmen when I was in the Army, but I did see a few that could have used an iron and more that could use a razor.. Apparently they were handing out shaving profiles like Motrin back then.

Comment

Dave if your police friends don't hang out with you anymore then maybe you should quit painting with too broad of a brush.

Frost if the military had as many interactions on a daily basis as police then there would be more stories on the military.

My day in a sleepy town ended fairly busy the other day.

One call the call sheet said no less than three times if the police show up it there is going to be a fight and hell to pay. Two of us show up and I slow the other guy down a little and tell him I got it as the guy was getting agitated by commands and speed of approach. We slowed it down a little and I walked up and asked him what had him all riled up today. I always start with kindness and have almost always got suspects, complainants whatever to just tell me how their bad day is going. Then I try to relate to them of a story in my life, divorce, wrecking cars, being a dumb ass or whatever and people can relate to that. Guy was complaining of no food and girlfriend leaving. Told him we have all been there, gave him 12.00 bucks for some Whataburger and let his girl leave. He had been in a frenzy and tearing up the residence just prior to arrival.

Second deal I was just bsing with one of my citizens talking about BLM, dumb cops, and unruly kids. Older black male and funny as hell. Has dealt with the police on a couple of occasions I just stopped and was visiting with him in his yard. He called dispatch yesterday and told them we had some terrific officers working here. I am in charge of everyone in the department except for one up until this point and try to teach them my ways. They are constantly amazed and the response I get from people that are pissed off or going to jail.

Third deal, I was investigating what appeared to be a heavy equipment theft. Car rolls up, 2am coming from a middle street to the top of the neighbor hood with no outlets, rolling 3 deep and takes off. I catch it hauling ass on the highway, it goes north and then back west on a side street back to the highway agian trying to elude me. Me following it gets the occupant nervous and they pull out right in front of a car giving me PC for a stop. Light it up three people just picking up a friend in the neighbor hood. The driver was young, passenger lied about why they made the little side track, kind of funny as I knew they were not involved. Walked back up with a warning for their failure to yield right of way and told her I was cutting them a break for no DL also since they were not was I was looking for and I try to be fair. The driver tells me they are finishing driver safety training and since I called them out on their side track the passenger said yeah I lied we were nervous as hell. Told them I appreciated the honesty, put a licensed driver in the driver's seat and sent them on. When they drove off I could here the squelch of happiness.

You guys know my motto, just because you can don't mean you should. One day my kinder gentler approach may get me hurt or killed but it has worked great so far. I have in my mind just accepted that fact but try to be as safe as possible. I don't let people get me riled up and I don't get nervous about guns on normal contacts. I read people and their actions and try to think is that action reasonable.

Lots of guys out there like me that get tired of cops being lumped in together. Every department is different and who knows what training goes on where. Hell I ride with my guys all the time to give them some big picture perspective. Lots of people out there struggling every day and I don't sweat the small stuff. My chief hired me for just that reason and is a kinder gentler type of chief that doesn't give a shit about numbers, nor does my city council. Makes for a good policing environment and the residents are generally happy with us.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

BCA crime scene personnel located no weapons at the scene. The BCA continues to examine evidence to determine the facts that led to the shooting incident.

So umm... I'm guessing their definition and mine are different. Pretty sure the officer's weapons count as weapons and should have been immediately confiscated and logged in this report. Also, you have to love that they STILL haven't interviewed these guys. With a citizen, you're sitting in jail until you talk to an attorney and/or give a statement. Either way, you're getting processed. They get to go home, talk to their union rep, talk to some attorneys, think it over, talk to each other, corroborate each other's stories and iron things out. How is that equal application of the law?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            They should have PT tests every quarter just like the military. If they want to wear our rank, carry our toys and pretend to be us, meet our PT standard.
            You guys in the military generally are being paid to be in shape and workout. The problem with the police doing this is budgetary mostly. If they institute that requirement then they have to pay you so much for work out time to meet a requirement. I have a few extra pounds but work out and lift regularly. I can actually meet the rowing machine requirement for the state troopers so I am not too bad. They are required to meet that standard. We are probably going to institute something but not make it a requirement and just give guys an extra day off here and there. I am getting to old and beat up to be running all the damn time! But I keep my strength up just in case I got to wrap some one up and hand cuff them.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              Dave if your police friends don't hang out with you anymore then maybe you should quit painting with too broad of a brush.

Frost if the military had as many interactions on a daily basis as police then there would be more stories on the military.

My day in a sleepy town ended fairly busy the other day.

One call the call sheet said no less than three times if the police show up it there is going to be a fight and hell to pay. Two of us show up and I slow the other guy down a little and tell him I got it as the guy was getting agitated by commands and speed of approach. We slowed it down a little and I walked up and asked him what had him all riled up today. I always start with kindness and have almost always got suspects, complainants whatever to just tell me how their bad day is going. Then I try to relate to them of a story in my life, divorce, wrecking cars, being a dumb ass or whatever and people can relate to that. Guy was complaining of no food and girlfriend leaving. Told him we have all been there, gave him 12.00 bucks for some Whataburger and let his girl leave. He had been in a frenzy and tearing up the residence just prior to arrival.

Second deal I was just bsing with one of my citizens talking about BLM, dumb cops, and unruly kids. Older black male and funny as hell. Has dealt with the police on a couple of occasions I just stopped and was visiting with him in his yard. He called dispatch yesterday and told them we had some terrific officers working here. I am in charge of everyone in the department except for one up until this point and try to teach them my ways. They are constantly amazed and the response I get from people that are pissed off or going to jail.

Third deal, I was investigating what appeared to be a heavy equipment theft. Car rolls up, 2am coming from a middle street to the top of the neighbor hood with no outlets, rolling 3 deep and takes off. I catch it hauling ass on the highway, it goes north and then back west on a side street back to the highway agian trying to elude me. Me following it gets the occupant nervous and they pull out right in front of a car giving me PC for a stop. Light it up three people just picking up a friend in the neighbor hood. The driver was young, passenger lied about why they made the little side track, kind of funny as I knew they were not involved. Walked back up with a warning for their failure to yield right of way and told her I was cutting them a break for no DL also since they were not was I was looking for and I try to be fair. The driver tells me they are finishing driver safety training and since I called them out on their side track the passenger said yeah I lied we were nervous as hell. Told them I appreciated the honesty, put a licensed driver in the driver's seat and sent them on. When they drove off I could here the squelch of happiness.

You guys know my motto, just because you can don't mean you should. One day my kinder gentler approach may get me hurt or killed but it has worked great so far. I have in my mind just accepted that fact but try to be as safe as possible. I don't let people get me riled up and I don't get nervous about guns on normal contacts. I read people and their actions and try to think is that action reasonable.

Lots of guys out there like me that get tired of cops being lumped in together. Every department is different and who knows what training goes on where. Hell I ride with my guys all the time to give them some big picture perspective. Lots of people out there struggling every day and I don't sweat the small stuff. My chief hired me for just that reason and is a kinder gentler type of chief that doesn't give a shit about numbers, nor does my city council. Makes for a good policing environment and the residents are generally happy with us.
              Jason, if police had as many threats as military does, you may have a point. When was the last time police needed an MRAP because of 155's buried in the street? What about having an entire city decide that you look like a great target to shoot at? Like, block to block, full autos with RPG's.

Tell me though, what is the harm in holding every cop responsible for fuck ups? Wrong house and you kill their dog? You personally are responsible. You should check your warrant and the house numbers. Your "confidential informant' lied? You should have double checked it. You're personally responsible.

You chainsawed through a door, flashbanged a child in the face and blew through the house with 40mm tear gas rockets? And it was the wrong house? Every single cop on that team should be handed a bill and have to pay it out of their personal pocket.

Right?

You know my thoughts on you Jason. I think you're what cops should be like.

Comment

You guys in the military generally are being paid to be in shape and workout. The problem with the police doing this is budgetary mostly. If they institute that requirement then they have to pay you so much for work out time to meet a requirement. I have a few extra pounds but work out and lift regularly. I can actually meet the rowing machine requirement for the state troopers so I am not too bad. They are required to meet that standard. We are probably going to institute something but not make it a requirement and just give guys an extra day off here and there. I am getting to old and beat up to be running all the damn time! But I keep my strength up just in case I got to wrap some one up and hand cuff them.
                Pretty sure cops are paid to be in shape and work out. Paid to wear a uniform, carry a firearm, have access to a road and Walmart where they carry freeweights and exercise bikes. Why would they have to pay extra? It's a requirement. Meet X. If you don't, you're gone. It's like maintaining a driver's license or shooting qualification.

Comment

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ooc/new...Continues.aspx

BCA crime scene personnel located no weapons at the scene. The BCA continues to examine evidence to determine the facts that led to the shooting incident.

So umm... I'm guessing their definition and mine are different. Pretty sure the officer's weapons count as weapons and should have been immediately confiscated and logged in this report. Also, you have to love that they STILL haven't interviewed these guys. With a citizen, you're sitting in jail until you talk to an attorney and/or give a statement. Either way, you're getting processed. They get to go home, talk to their union rep, talk to some attorneys, think it over, talk to each other, corroborate each other's stories and iron things out. How is that equal application of the law?

On an OIS it is general policy to take the officers weapon and log it into evidence along with their mags and rounds.

Would you arrest a guy on the spot in the military for a questionable shoot?

There is some degree of measures built in but on my OIS we went back to the station, waited on county crime scene, and then walked through the scene and did interviews/ gave statements. We didn't sit around BSing about it, we all interviewed separately and the shoot was justified. A lot of people that are arrested are just flat pre meditated homicides. I have seen plenty of justified shoots where people were investigated, we took their weapons, and sent them home pending further investigation. Not just jo bob shot dingle berry because he was on the Xbox too long.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

This. I'd roll with him anytime..if I was in Texas.

Comment

Jason, if police had as many threats as military does, you may have a point. When was the last time police needed an MRAP because of 155's buried in the street? What about having an entire city decide that you look like a great target to shoot at? Like, block to block, full autos with RPG's.

Tell me though, what is the harm in holding every cop responsible for fuck ups? Wrong house and you kill their dog? You personally are responsible. You should check your warrant and the house numbers. Your "confidential informant' lied? You should have double checked it. You're personally responsible.

You chainsawed through a door, flashbanged a child in the face and blew through the house with 40mm tear gas rockets? And it was the wrong house? Every single cop on that team should be handed a bill and have to pay it out of their personal pocket.

Right?

LOL your favorite three sir!

Yeah it is unfortunate and we make mistakes, but like I said there is some measure of protection built in or you may not have any police. This job sucks in the fact that in the course of carrying out your day to day functions you have more of a chance to do something and get put in jail than most people. I can't speak for those jacked up incidences but hell I have ended up at the wrong house a few times based on what appeared to be credible information or dispatch errors, or just my head up ass. Luckily all has ended well. Like I said millions of interactions a week with people and the select few fuck ups make us all look bad. It is terrible. I don't try to cover for shit I screw up I just snitch on myself. I can fix a mistake generally but I you can't fix a lie. Some departments don't get this. If they would just come out and say my officer fucked up, we are sorry and going to make this right it would solve some of these issues.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        This. I'd roll with him anytime..if I was in Texas.
                        We both got out of that city. I do remember the time I told your friend to tell Jeff he is a bitch and he was like uhhhhhhh. Then you walked up and I think he got it. HAHA
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

On an OIS it is general policy to take the officers weapon and log it into evidence along with their mags and rounds.

Would you arrest a guy on the spot in the military for a questionable shoot?

There is some degree of measures built in but on my OIS we went back to the station, waited on county crime scene, and then walked through the scene and did interviews/ gave statements. We didn't sit around BSing about it, we all interviewed separately and the shoot was justified. A lot of people that are arrested are just flat pre meditated homicides. I have seen plenty of justified shoots where people were investigated, we took their weapons, and sent them home pending further investigation. Not just jo bob shot dingle berry because he was on the Xbox too long.
                          You mean would they be released back into the public and back to their home where they have access to more firearms like the ones they just used to shoot someone? Or do you mean in a warzone?

Why hasn't their statements been taken?

Comment

LOL your favorite three sir!

Yeah it is unfortunate and we make mistakes, but like I said there is some measure of protection built in or you may not have any police. This job sucks in the fact that in the course of carrying out your day to day functions you have more of a chance to do something and get put in jail than most people. I can't speak for those jacked up incidences but hell I have ended up at the wrong house a few times based on what appeared to be credible information or dispatch errors, or just my head up ass. Luckily all has ended well. Like I said millions of interactions a week with people and the select few fuck ups make us all look bad. It is terrible. I don't try to cover for shit I screw up I just snitch on myself. I can fix a mistake generally but I you can't fix a lie. Some departments don't get this. If they would just come out and say my officer fucked up, we are sorry and going to make this right it would solve some of these issues.
                            Exactly. Instead there is no accountability, no one but taxpayers are penalized and the bad cops are protected. A bad cop shots a homeowner's dog in their house, sucks to be you. If you shoot THEIR K9 because they kicked in your door on a wrong house drug bust....dude..you just shot a police office.

A cop locks that same K9 in the squad car and goes in for lunch and the dog dies from heat stroke...it magically becomes a dog again.

Comment

Exactly. Instead there is no accountability, no one but taxpayers are penalized and the bad cops are protected. A bad cop shots a homeowner's dog in their house, sucks to be you. If you shoot THEIR K9 because they kicked in your door on a wrong house drug bust....dude..you just shot a police office.

A cop locks that same K9 in the squad car and goes in for lunch and the dog dies from heat stroke...it magically becomes a dog again.
                              There have been two in Texas and one was charged or both. Also I those cars are supposed to have things in place to keep this from happening. Like auto on with AC or if it gets hot I think the windows drop. Not all but some.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                Lol.. I don't remember seeing any fat Airmen when I was in the Army, but I did see a few that could have used an iron and more that could use a razor.. Apparently they were handing out shaving profiles like Motrin back then.
                                It was bad when I was in 2002 thru 2008. Uniforms were generally ironed well, but PT tests and weight restrictions were.....relaxed.
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X