Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman calls police for noise, they kill her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    We both got out of that city. I do remember the time I told your friend to tell Jeff he is a bitch and he was like uhhhhhhh. Then you walked up and I think he got it. HAHA
    Lol I forgot about that. As always when I come back to town to visit family or for funerals I always want to come say hi but family always finds a way to occupy every second of time I'm in town. That said I will be in town for a wedding Sept 9-10th...and then plan to be back for a full week around Thanksgiving. I'll try to come say hi. I promise I won't draw on you.

Comment

There have been two in Texas and one was charged or both. Also I those cars are supposed to have things in place to keep this from happening. Like auto on with AC or if it gets hot I think the windows drop. Not all but some.
      Were they charged with killing a police officer as a citizen would be? Looks like this one was charged with killing a non livestock animal.

SAN JUAN, Texas - A South Texas police officer is accused of leaving his police dog to die in a hot vehicle as temperatures outside rose into the 90s.

San Juan police Officer Juan Cerrillo Jr. was charged Friday with cruelty to non-livestock animals in the death of Rex, a Belgian Malinois. The 37-year-old officer is free on $4,000 bond. If convicted of the misdemeanor, Cerrillo would lose his ability to be a cop.

This one, ....hell, it wasn't even a crime evidently.

The Greenville Police Department has announced the officer who left the department's K-9 bloodhound Liberty inside a closed car on June 29 has been suspended without pay in connection with the incident. Police Chief Dan Busken issued a statement Monday morning indicating he has disciplined the officer.

Officer Jeff Gore was given a 15-day suspension, without pay, the maximum discipline allowed without termination.

After both an internal and criminal investigation, the Greenville Police Department sent the case to the Hunt County Attorney Joel Littlefield for review. Littlefield recently issued a press release declining prosecution of the case because the officer’s actions did not constitute a crime.

However, if a citizen kills a K9

Kelontre Barefield was sentenced to 34 years of his 45 year sentence for killing Canton (OH) K9 officer Jethro in January during a robbery.

The man convicted of shooting and killing a K9 officer was sentenced to 45 years in prison Wednesday.

Kelontre Barefield plead guilty and received 34 years for killing Jethro, plus an additional 11 years for other charges.

Jethro was with Officer Ryan Davis when he was killed in January. The two were responding to a burglar alarm at Fishers Foods.

Jethro was shot during a confrontation with Barefield, who also was shot in the leg.

Barefield was convicted of several charges including aggravated robbery, felonious assault and assaulting a police dog or horse.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Were they charged with killing a police officer as a citizen would be? Looks like this one was charged with killing a non livestock animal.

SAN JUAN, Texas - A South Texas police officer is accused of leaving his police dog to die in a hot vehicle as temperatures outside rose into the 90s.

San Juan police Officer Juan Cerrillo Jr. was charged Friday with cruelty to non-livestock animals in the death of Rex, a Belgian Malinois. The 37-year-old officer is free on $4,000 bond. If convicted of the misdemeanor, Cerrillo would lose his ability to be a cop.

This one, ....hell, it wasn't even a crime evidently.

The Greenville Police Department has announced the officer who left the department's K-9 bloodhound Liberty inside a closed car on June 29 has been suspended without pay in connection with the incident. Police Chief Dan Busken issued a statement Monday morning indicating he has disciplined the officer.

Officer Jeff Gore was given a 15-day suspension, without pay, the maximum discipline allowed without termination.

After both an internal and criminal investigation, the Greenville Police Department sent the case to the Hunt County Attorney Joel Littlefield for review. Littlefield recently issued a press release declining prosecution of the case because the officer’s actions did not constitute a crime.

However, if a citizen kills a K9

Kelontre Barefield was sentenced to 34 years of his 45 year sentence for killing Canton (OH) K9 officer Jethro in January during a robbery.

The man convicted of shooting and killing a K9 officer was sentenced to 45 years in prison Wednesday.

Kelontre Barefield plead guilty and received 34 years for killing Jethro, plus an additional 11 years for other charges.

Jethro was with Officer Ryan Davis when he was killed in January. The two were responding to a burglar alarm at Fishers Foods.

Jethro was shot during a confrontation with Barefield, who also was shot in the leg.

Barefield was convicted of several charges including aggravated robbery, felonious assault and assaulting a police dog or horse.
        While I can see your train of thought...leaving a dog in a hot car to die is negligence....they didn't INTENTIONALLY leave the dogs to die with intent....shooting a dog/person/cop...while committing a felony is intentional. I've never seen a non police civilian lock a police dog in a hot car to die. Apples to Oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          While I can see your train of thought...leaving a dog in a hot car to die is negligence....they didn't INTENTIONALLY leave the dogs to die with intent....shooting a dog/person/cop...while committing a felony is intentional. I've never seen a non police civilian lock a police dog in a hot car to die. Apples to Oranges.
          I think you're missing his point.

One forgot a dog in a hot car and it died, the other shot a K9 "Officer".
          Last edited by Craizie; 07-18-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            If they are the same as an officer, negligently killing your partner is still more than "killing a non farm animal." It's killing an officer negligently. That wasn't the charge in any of those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              It was bad when I was in 2002 thru 2008. Uniforms were generally ironed well, but PT tests and weight restrictions were.....relaxed.
              A lot different now. Still once a year for 90% or above, below ever 6 months. After 3 fails you're done. They don't fuck around no more. Hell i did the bicycle test at Hill, my first duty station in 03.
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I'm going to burn down the fucking Panera Bread and loot the Barnes and Noble.

Comment

Jason sounds like a good cop...if there is such a thing, but I agree with most everything Frost has posted.

To your statement about painting with a broad brush...if your persona is merged with your job as a cop, then I don't want or need you as a friend. It's a job. Nothing more. Just like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    Jason sounds like a good cop...if there is such a thing, but I agree with most everything Frost has posted.

To your statement about painting with a broad brush...if your persona is merged with your job as a cop, then I don't want or need you as a friend. It's a job. Nothing more. Just like mine.
                    But you hate fat people! Isn't that medically related?
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'll bet he still treats them, should they waddle in to his office/operating room.

Comment

Jason, isn't a police officer essentially always on duty if needed? If so it's virtually impossible to separate the job from the individual, not that it needs to be by any means.

<<<<< completely respects police officers and the job they do.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post

I'm consistent and demand consistency. If when I negligently harm a police K9 it is treated as harming a police officer, the same should be when a police officer does it. The constitution demands equal application of the law, not one for you, another for rulers. Blame it on the TBI for black and white thinking

Comment

The rookie has started talking. He was the driver and is reporting to have heard a "loud noise."

Investigators working on the Minneapolis police shooting released the first details of their probe late yesterday, but those will create more questions than answers. The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which now has jurisdiction over the case, reports that one of the two officers involved heard a loud noise just before Justine Damond approached the driver’s side of the police vehicle. That apparently prompted the officer to shoot, although that explanation is somewhat murky for another reason:

Investigators probing the death of an Australian woman who was fatally shot by Minneapolis police officers over the weekend said Tuesday that the officers were “startled by a loud sound” near their patrol car right before the shooting.

The two officers were driving through an alley near the home of Justine Damond, 40, after she called 911 late Saturday to report a possible assault, according to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), the state agency investigating the shooting. The officer who was driving the patrol car told investigators that right after the loud noise, Damond approached the car on his side. The officer who was in the passenger seat then fatally shot Damond through the driver’s side window, according to investigators.

The information released Tuesday marked the first account from one of the officers about what happened at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday in the upscale Minneapolis neighborhood, and it came as relatives of Damond have sharply criticized law enforcement officials for not revealing more about the shooting.
                            That explanation came from Officer Matthew Harrity, the first-year patrol officer who drove the car Saturday night. BCA investigators still don’t know why that would have prompted second-year officer Mohammed Noor to shoot Damond, who had no weapon and was still dressed in her pajamas. Noor has thus far refused to speak with investigators and lawyered up, a point which elicited some frustration from his assistant police chief and from the mayor of Minneapolis in a press conference yesterday afternoon:

In a Tuesday evening news conference, Mayor Betsy Hodges, Assistant Police Chief Medaria Arradondo, and City Council Member Linea Palmisano addressed reporters from around the world, saying they were still limited by the ongoing investigation.

“We do have more information, though it’s frustrating to have some of the picture but not all of it,” Hodges said. “We cannot compel Officer Noor to make a statement; I wish we could,” she said, quickly clarifying: “I wish that he would make a statement.” …

While Hodges expressed her desire that Noor would offer a statement on what happened that night, Arradondo said he would not cast judgment. “It is his right,” Arradondo said. “He has legal representation and I want to respect his right for that.”
                            Unfortunately for investigators, they have no one else to interview, at least for now. Police want to find a man on a bicycle who came and went immediately after the shooting to see if he can shed any light on what happened, but otherwise, the only witnesses are the two officers, and only one of them is talking. BCA acknowledged this yesterday in their presser, saying that they are pressing ahead on forensics:

Unless someone else comes forward, the BCA does not have additional interviews scheduled at this time. Forensic testing is being completed and all evidence must be examined. It is common for a county attorney to request follow-up information when reviewing a case.
                            In the case of a traumatic event, it’s advisable to refrain from being interrogated until one has time to recover their wits. In carry-permit training, this topic often comes up; one attorney’s business cards emphasize the point for those involved in a shooting. It’s too easy to misremember the sequence of events while in shock, and getting a good attorney to navigate the legal risks first is a must. As Arradondo says, Noor has the right to seek counsel before deciding whether to offer a statement to investigators, a right that does not get waived when taking a job as a peace officer. If Harrity is cooperating, that’s another good reason for Noor to take maximum legal precautions.

The updates from the BCA seem unlikely to resolve anything, though, and might complicate Noor’s defense. If the alleged “loud noise” prompted the shooting, then it will be more difficult to claim an accidental discharge later. A “loud noise” is not enough to justify the use of lethal force in self-defense, not for a civilian and certainly not for a peace officer, either. Just the fact that no weapon was found will lead to a presumption that no reasonable fear of life should have existed, and citing a “loud noise” as a defense will make it look more like panic in the absence of any other evidence to support a reasonable threat. And the fact that the loud noise occurred after getting dispatched on a possible sexual assault will raise even more questions as to why neither officer activated their body cams as they rolled up.

Noor had better hope his attorneys are up for this challenge. On the basis of what’s been learned so far, they have their work cut out for them.

Comment

The rookie has started talking. He was the driver and is reporting to have heard a "loud noise."

Investigators working on the Minneapolis police shooting released the first details of their probe late yesterday, but those will create more questions than answers. The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which now has jurisdiction over the case, reports that one of the two officers involved heard a loud noise just before Justine Damond approached the driver’s side of the police vehicle. That apparently prompted the officer to shoot, although that explanation is somewhat murky for another reason:

Investigators probing the death of an Australian woman who was fatally shot by Minneapolis police officers over the weekend said Tuesday that the officers were “startled by a loud sound” near their patrol car right before the shooting.

The two officers were driving through an alley near the home of Justine Damond, 40, after she called 911 late Saturday to report a possible assault, according to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA), the state agency investigating the shooting. The officer who was driving the patrol car told investigators that right after the loud noise, Damond approached the car on his side. The officer who was in the passenger seat then fatally shot Damond through the driver’s side window, according to investigators.

The information released Tuesday marked the first account from one of the officers about what happened at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday in the upscale Minneapolis neighborhood, and it came as relatives of Damond have sharply criticized law enforcement officials for not revealing more about the shooting.
                              That explanation came from Officer Matthew Harrity, the first-year patrol officer who drove the car Saturday night. BCA investigators still don’t know why that would have prompted second-year officer Mohammed Noor to shoot Damond, who had no weapon and was still dressed in her pajamas. Noor has thus far refused to speak with investigators and lawyered up, a point which elicited some frustration from his assistant police chief and from the mayor of Minneapolis in a press conference yesterday afternoon:

In a Tuesday evening news conference, Mayor Betsy Hodges, Assistant Police Chief Medaria Arradondo, and City Council Member Linea Palmisano addressed reporters from around the world, saying they were still limited by the ongoing investigation.

“We do have more information, though it’s frustrating to have some of the picture but not all of it,” Hodges said. “We cannot compel Officer Noor to make a statement; I wish we could,” she said, quickly clarifying: “I wish that he would make a statement.” …

While Hodges expressed her desire that Noor would offer a statement on what happened that night, Arradondo said he would not cast judgment. “It is his right,” Arradondo said. “He has legal representation and I want to respect his right for that.”
                              Unfortunately for investigators, they have no one else to interview, at least for now. Police want to find a man on a bicycle who came and went immediately after the shooting to see if he can shed any light on what happened, but otherwise, the only witnesses are the two officers, and only one of them is talking. BCA acknowledged this yesterday in their presser, saying that they are pressing ahead on forensics:

Unless someone else comes forward, the BCA does not have additional interviews scheduled at this time. Forensic testing is being completed and all evidence must be examined. It is common for a county attorney to request follow-up information when reviewing a case.
                              In the case of a traumatic event, it’s advisable to refrain from being interrogated until one has time to recover their wits. In carry-permit training, this topic often comes up; one attorney’s business cards emphasize the point for those involved in a shooting. It’s too easy to misremember the sequence of events while in shock, and getting a good attorney to navigate the legal risks first is a must. As Arradondo says, Noor has the right to seek counsel before deciding whether to offer a statement to investigators, a right that does not get waived when taking a job as a peace officer. If Harrity is cooperating, that’s another good reason for Noor to take maximum legal precautions.

The updates from the BCA seem unlikely to resolve anything, though, and might complicate Noor’s defense. If the alleged “loud noise” prompted the shooting, then it will be more difficult to claim an accidental discharge later. A “loud noise” is not enough to justify the use of lethal force in self-defense, not for a civilian and certainly not for a peace officer, either. Just the fact that no weapon was found will lead to a presumption that no reasonable fear of life should have existed, and citing a “loud noise” as a defense will make it look more like panic in the absence of any other evidence to support a reasonable threat. And the fact that the loud noise occurred after getting dispatched on a possible sexual assault will raise even more questions as to why neither officer activated their body cams as they rolled up.

Noor had better hope his attorneys are up for this challenge. On the basis of what’s been learned so far, they have their work cut out for them.

Comment

I was being serious...you are being sarcastic.

Shouldn't you be out collecting taxes for your local govt instead of being on here?

See? I can be sarcastic too.

Comment

Working...
                                X