No announcement yet.

What do you do when your mailman sucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live in the city limits but are considered to be on a rural route. Since they are rural carriers, the do not have to stop at my mailbox unless I have mail. When I was customizing and shipping RTIC cups daily, I consistently had shit sit in my mailbox for days. Flag would be up, screaming "Hey motherfucker, there is something in here that needs to get on its way to its final destination". On top of that, whenever we would have a carrier that wasn't our normal route driver, If I had something outgoing, 9 times out of 10, they left it in the mail box and just put my new mail on top of it. I guess it just takes too much time to take a quick peek to see that the return address was mine and that it had not been processed yet. Pretty sure I left a big note on the box last year. Basically to the effect of "hey shit stain, if there is mail in this box when you get here, it is outgoing mail and it needs to get started on its journey". Several calls to the post master but they say the same thing every time. You're on a rural route and that is the way that it is.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      It is sad that most have a 2 car garage and enough for 4 in the driveway but still park in the street like trash. Makes neighborhood look like total shit. Most of them are oil leaking hoompties We have an HOA and nothing gets done about it. Maybe a fire truck can come through and rip the whole side of the pos off.
      Yes Captain, there are many residences which do indeed have four vehicles in the driveway and will usually block the sidewalk by so doing. Really bright catch-all observation you made there...

What others do with parking in their garage or not is their business, not yours or mine. I agree with you though that it is sad to have a 2-car garage and have so much "stuff' stored in it that there is no room for parking. Fortunately we do not have oil-leaking POS vehicles in my immediate area any longer. If there were though, as long as they parked in front of their own houses I wouldn't be concerning myself over it. That's more of a possible HOA or City ordnance issue rather than mine.
      Last edited by The King; 07-25-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

lol @ whiny titty babies. I have a friend who has his wood shop in his garage, two trailers for work and two vehicles. Trailers are in the driveway and the vehicles are parked in front of the house. Most every other neighbor in the area has a car on the street. Who gives a fuck as long as they park in front of their own house and not blocking the sidewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
          Why the fuck do people insist on parking in the street? You live on private property and you park on a public street? Fuck anyone who does this, anywhere.
          I park on the street, I park at my shop, I park in my garage, and I park in my driveway. Your opinion doesn't matter.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Solution - don't buy a house in a neighborhood with front entry garages if you don't like it!

Comment

Now I can't even park on the street in front of my own house without people bitching or it meaning I am white trash? Jesus fucking christ. It's whiney bitches like that who created HOA's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Now I can't even park on the street in front of my own house without people bitching or it meaning I am white trash? Jesus fucking christ. It's whiney bitches like that who created HOA's.
                Exactly. None of my vehicles leak either, and if they did I would take of that issue quickly. Every so often I get a letter from our HOA informing me of being out of compliance with bylaw so-and-so by leaving a vehicle (typically my non-leaking, undented sn-95) in front of my house for too long. Never actually see the complainant, but they drive through the area periodically and take non-date-stamped photos. Entertaining in a way to play the game, and actually that is a City ordnance as well that generally goes unenforced. Otherwise the HOA is really no hassle, and I have been very particular to get their prior written approval for any architectural changes that have or may have such a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  Solution - don't buy a house in a neighborhood with front entry garages if you don't like it!
                  Rear entry garage neighborhoods are even worse! No one drives around the back alley to park in their driveway. I've seen those neighborhoods and there's always cars lined up, both sides, down the entire street.

Comment

I park my beater truck in the street in the exact same spot my nephew's truck was obliterated by a postal jeep a couple of years ago. Kind of hoping that happens again!

It was an 06 F-150 with a bed side caved in. Regular cab, 2wd V6 with 200k+ miles. A rolling pile of garbage. The post office ended up paying clean retail value for it which was nearly $8k. Before the wreck it might have been worth $1500 with a full tank of gas.

Btw it was the driver's 3rd wreck and it wasn't on his route. He was apparently looking at his cell phone.

Comment

I have two neighbors that park their junk in front of my house in the street. It can make it tough to get out of the driveway sometimes and they're both shitty trucks. I hate it. I guess I'm some sort of parking nazi.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        FUCK the USPS. I filed MULTIPLE complaints against my next door neighbors in Red Oak that it seemed were running a boarding house and ALWAYS blocking the mailbox with multiple cars...which meant we didn't get our mail. US Postal service wouldn't do shit about it. Local police said it was the USPS that had to deal with it. Homeowners association wouldn't do shit either. It took MONTHS before the local police finally started putting notices on the cars and on the front door...along with me having a very impolite discussion with the homeowners/tenants. So glad I don't live there anymore.
                        Dude.. That's way too much work. Just sign up for AAA, pick a shop that's 300 miles out and tow that shit. Cost you $80 a year... They don't give a shit if it's your car or not, you just have to be there when they pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          I have two neighbors that park their junk in front of my house in the street. It can make it tough to get out of the driveway sometimes and they're both shitty trucks. I hate it. I guess I'm some sort of parking nazi.
                          The only time it's really bothered me was when the stoners on the corner had their smokefests or whatever it is the hell they do. It'd always be a POS Kia or something similar with COEXIST or some kind of gay pride stickers on it and it'd be there for 2-3 days. That's actually why I started parking on the street, to makes sure they couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            The only time it's really bothered me was when the stoners on the corner had their smokefests or whatever it is the hell they do. It'd always be a POS Kia or something similar with COEXIST or some kind of gay pride stickers on it and it'd be there for 2-3 days. That's actually why I started parking on the street, to makes sure they couldn't.
                            I don't give two shits about their political beliefs or recreational habits, they're just in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                              I have two neighbors that park their junk in front of my house in the street.
                              Not the same if there are cars you don't own in front of your own house. No one here is saying any different.

Comment

So many snowflakes. SO MANY! My toys go in the garage. Cars parked in the driveway, but occasionally one will be on the street. Frequency on the street parking is about to increase as my son is about to start driving which means a third vehicle.

Not one of you cocksuckers will come knock on my door and say a fucking word about it, either. Jesus Christ the fucking whining.... If they aren't blocking your driveway, then shut the fuck up.

I had a problem with neighbors parking in front of my house and blocking the driveway. That's a legit complaint. Since they would always leave their windows down, I started turning on my sprinklers just as soon as one would park and walk inside. They quickly stopped.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X