Active shooter....Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine
    Not necessarily directed at you, but anyone already going down the conspiracy path on this needs to take a fucking breath and think about real life.

"Three sounds" sounds great in theory, but that's not how it works in practice. "Explosion" and "projectile leaving the muzzle" are the exact same thing when it comes to the human ear. If you think you can discern two distinct sounds when the sources are 0.00055 seconds apart (primer hit then barrel exit at 3000 fps down a 20" barrel) you're either fucking high or you're the newest member of the X-Men.
    And in the commotion of the shooting, people running / yelling / etc, you're unlikely to hear an impact unless it's danger-close. No way some vertical video on youtube is going to discern anything other than one bang per shot.

Also, have you ever bumpfired an AR? It's not always consistent. No one should be surprised that an old man with a bump fire stock didn't maintain an exact 700 rounds per minute.
    I completely agree with the difference in time being next to impossible to discern.
    The distance required to tell any difference is farther than the bullet can travel.

At the time of firing, there are at least two different calibers firing.
    The sounds of impact do not emulate the sounds of explosions.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
      you're making the assumption that you would get identical sounds at impact which isn't going to be true at all
      Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Spraying the field will give differing trajectories and contact points for the bullet (shoots a crowd 100 yards away, then a crowd 20 feet away, etc), the shooter is remaining constant.
      I see where you're going with this Don.

I still concede that the sounds of gunfire are of different calibers.
      The sounds of impact, while loud at danger close, will not emulate the sound of gunfire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        The surrounding area of the music fest doesn't have sufficient building structures to warrant the echoes required to disprove a multiple shooter theory.
        Huh? There are huge buildings all over the place. A sound as loud as a gun shot would surely echo off of them, and at different times. Hell, I can yell loudly from the top of one mountain, and hear my own voice echo off of mountains that are a lot further away and apart than those buildings are.

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        The firing with following cracking of a bullet hitting solid objects also sound like multiple calibers firing simultaneously.
        "Sound like". Exactly. The natural sounds of firing and then impact might "sound like" multiple shooters to someone who is has themselves convinced that there must be a conspiracy.

It's an awful lot of reaching and no credible evidence.

Comment

• Just read on FB the shooter was filming in his room during. I wonder if that is correct, and if it will be leaked?

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
            Huh? There are huge buildings all over the place. A sound as loud as a gun shot would surely echo off of them, and at different times. Hell, I can yell loudly from the top of one mountain, and hear my own voice echo off of mountains that are a lot further away and apart than those buildings are.

"Sound like". Exactly. The natural sounds of firing and then impact might "sound like" multiple shooters to someone who is has themselves convinced that there must be a conspiracy.

It's an awful lot of reaching and no credible evidence.

Comment

• Counterclockwise from the first intersection to the back of the stands.
              Not enough structure to constitute echoes required.

Of course you can your echo on the next mountain. How much sound wash do you not have up there?

Comment

Counterclockwise from the first intersection to the back of the stands.
                Not enough structure to constitute echoes required.
                Those pics show plenty of large buildings. They don't have to all be crammed right on top of each other at one intersection. In fact, wouldn't the echoes be more noticeable if there were some distance between the buildings, just like there is?

Let me just say that I'm definitely no expert on echoes. But, are you?

Of course you can your echo on the next mountain. How much sound wash do you not have up there?
                Ya, it's for sure quiet up here on top of the mountains, and it would never be heard in Vegas, BUT my voice is nowhere near as loud as gunfire, either.

Comment

• I panned out to be at the back of the crowd.

There is also a spacious overview of the area.
                  The only thing to have echoed any sound are some storage tanks.

Not happening.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have hunted the Rockies, been successful, and dragged my kill amidst other hunters.

Comment

I panned out to be at the back of the crowd.

There is also a spacious overview of the area.
                    The only thing to have echoed any sound are some storage tanks.

Not happening.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have hunted the Rockies, been successful, and dragged my kill amidst other hunters.
                    What makes you think that gunfire wouldn't have echoed off of the large buildings in the area? I mean, maybe it wouldn't have, but it seems logical to me that it would. So why do you believe that it wouldn't?

And what does dragging your kill around have to do with echoes?

Comment

• Was this already posted?

It’s all hogwash. The “official” narrative of how things went down in the Las Vegas massacre is so full of holes that it begs the question of just how deep the truth about this attack really goes. What we know for sure is that, yes, 59 people were killed (so far) and hundreds were wounded. […]
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Oh good grief! How does anyone with a lick of sense read that crap and not immediately roll their eyes? It's fucking comical, almost to the point where it could just be satire.

Comment

What makes you think that gunfire wouldn't have echoed off of the large buildings in the area? I mean, maybe it wouldn't have, but it seems logical to me that it would. So why do you believe that it wouldn't?

And what does dragging your kill around have to do with echoes?
                          The one, large building shaped in a manner to focus sound in one direction that all firing originated from?

I mean, gee golly.

What other buildings are there to echo off of? Where else will sound bounce?

When dragging your kill from the side of a mountain, you have to pay attention to the multitudes of other hunters firing from an adjoining mountain. It's nice to have some semblance of where they're firing from and too.

Comment

Oh good grief! How does anyone with a lick of sense read that crap and not immediately roll their eyes? It's fucking comical, almost to the point where it could just be satire.
                            This time we agree. It is grade A sensationalism.
                            He was an avid hunter, so weapons aren't foreign. Also, he had zero automatic weapons.
                            10 minutes of sustained fire and any gun is done.

However, the fbi proving anything in less than 12 hours is a fucking joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Well, there's this, and it doesn't exactly show "cadence."

https://www.thescoopradioshow.com/se...om-32nd-story/
                              I just get a bunch of click bait with that link.
                              Can't find anything to go with your post.

Comment

The one, large building shaped in a manner to focus sound in one direction that all firing originated from?

I mean, gee golly.

What other buildings are there to echo off of? Where else will sound bounce?
                                Dude, why are you playing dumb? There are lots of large buildings all around there. Just because they aren't crammed right around that spot doesn't mean that they won't echo. And again, I'm no echo expert, so maybe they won't, so if you are an expert on echoes, you could argue that. But don't argue that there aren't other large buildings in the area.

When dragging your kill from the side of a mountain, you have to pay attention to the multitudes of other hunters firing from an adjoining mountain. It's nice to have some semblance of where they're firing from and too.
                                It's probably just one hunter and you're convinced it's multiple!

Comment

Working...
                                X