Active shooter....Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    10 minutes of sustained fire and any gun is done.
    I have a 10/22 that I will prove you wrong with.

You may also want to look at the torture test that Remington performed when developing the 1100LT 20ga. They fired shells as fast as they could load them until the gun jammed. I believe that the first failure happened around the 24,000 shots fired mark.

John Moss Browning also personally did a non stop burst of nearly an hour with a maxim machine gun and ran out of ammo at about 26,000 rounds fired without a single failure.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      I have a 10/22 that I will prove you wrong with.

You may also want to look at the torture test that Remington performed when developing the 1100LT 20ga. They fired shells as fast as they could load them until the gun jammed. I believe that the first failure happened around the 24,000 shots fired mark.

John Moss Browning also personally did a non stop burst of nearly an hour with a maxim machine gun and ran out of ammo at about 26,000 rounds fired without a single failure.
      Agreed. I made a premature, generalized comment.

The guns that we're dealing with cannot handle 10 minutes of sustained fire.

Comment

Which is why my SHTF go to gun is not an AR of any sort.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I completely agree with the difference in time being next to impossible to discern.
          The distance required to tell any difference is farther than the bullet can travel.

At the time of firing, there are at least two different calibers firing.
          The sounds of impact do not emulate the sounds of explosions.
          You actually are partially right here. I agree and can 100% that two separate clibers are being shot. That has already been proven by the pics of the leaked crime scene. Your conspiracy theory though is wrong about two different shooters. The guy was shooting two separate weapons and possibly at the same time.

Also keep in mind he was moving between two separate windows looking two different directions.

Comment

Agreed. I made a premature, generalized comment.

From the pics, looks like he had a couple contingency plans..

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Which is why my SHTF go to gun is not an AR of any sort.
              Dude, me neither. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                You actually are partially right here. I agree and can 100% that two separate clibers are being shot. That has already been proven by the pics of the leaked crime scene. Your conspiracy theory though is wrong about two different shooters. The guy was shooting two separate weapons and possibly at the same time.

Also keep in mind he was moving between two separate windows looking two different directions.
                Two calibers being shot simultaneously.

I know he had two positions. He can't fire from both positions at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  From the pics, looks like he had a couple contingency plans..
                  That were oddly arranged and never used.

Plus, the suicide weapon isn't even in his hand.
                  Come on. It flew?

Comment

• Not only did it fly, but casings landed in the blood pool after he killed himself?

Comment

That were oddly arranged and never used.

Plus, the suicide weapon isn't even in his hand.
                      Come on. It flew?
                      Why wouldn't it? I don't find the location of the pistol to be suspect at all. If I went limp standing in my living room with my phone in my hand, I wouldn't expect it to stay there when I hit the ground.

A quick Google provided the following:

The location of the gun following suicidal gunshot wound was studied by reviewing 574 such deaths in which the scene was investigated by a medical examiner investigator and the body was examined at the Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office in San Antonio, Texas. The position of the gun could not be established in 76 cases. In the remaining 498 cases, the gun remained in the deceased's hand in 24% of the cases. In 69% of the cases, the gun was on or near the body but not in the hand (i.e., touching the body or within 30 cm of the body). The gun was found >30 cm from the body in the remaining 7% of cases. In the case of handguns, the gun was found in the hand in 25.7% of individuals. For individuals using long guns, the firearm was in the hand of the decedent in 19.5% of cases. The gun had a greater chance of remaining in the deceased's hand if the person was lying or sitting when the gunshot wound was received. Variables such as gender of the individual, wound location, and caliber of handgun were not significant in predicting whether the gun stayed in the hand after a suicidal gunshot wound.

Comment

Not only did it fly, but casings landed in the blood pool after he killed himself?

They were sitting there before he blew his brains out.. He then proceeded to leak out on the floor. Am I missing something?

Edit: also I wouldn't be surprised if that pistol was kicked away from his hand during the initial entry

Comment

Two calibers being shot simultaneously.

I know he had two positions. He can't fire from both positions at the same time.
                          He could easily have propped up both calibers and shot at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            He could easily have propped up both calibers and shot at the same time.
                            Yeah, it goes back to the fish in a barrel. Just spray and prey.

I could attempt an argument of predominant hand versus nondominant hand and controlled bursts, but I'm not hanging to that point as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                              They were sitting there before he blew his brains out.. He then proceeded to leak out on the floor. Am I missing something?

Edit: also I wouldn't be surprised if that pistol was kicked away from his hand during the initial entry
                              No blood on the casings that were presumably there beforehand, the blood flow suggests he was already laying on his back when the brains were displaced, and the firearm is roughly 4.5 feet from either hand.

Seems odd.

Budd Dwyer held on to his pistol and showed us all just how long the blood flows after the brain loses most function.

Comment

Working...
                              X