Active shooter....Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Perhaps in your circle it is. The difference between the two words is the same thing when saying a magazine is a "clip."
    But banana magazine just sounds stupid.

Comment

Perhaps in your circle it is. The difference between the two words is the same thing when saying a magazine is a "clip."

That's not the same thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        But banana magazine just sounds stupid.
        I stay gender neutral and simply call them magazines.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        That's not the same thing at all.
        k

Comment

I stay gender neutral and simply call them magazines.

k
          Is there a part of a weapon called a silencer I'm not aware of?

Comment

I think this guy lost his ass gambling. Multiple 10-20-30 thousand dollar transaction days. If he was in the hole that could have made him snap. Rip to all those innocent people involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              I think this guy lost his ass gambling. Multiple 10-20-30 thousand dollar transaction days. If he was in the hole that could have made him snap. Rip to all those innocent people involved.
              Nah, this was planned out.

Comment

Throwing down that kind of money is pretty stressful maybe lost his house or some shit. Guess we will find out

Comment

Is there a part of a weapon called a silencer I'm not aware of?
                  No idea what it is you're trying to ask.

Comment

Sad. What a sick fuck. As a former Paramedic, I can tell you that a mass casualty incident like this is a nightmare. My condolences to all the people involved.

Comment

No idea what it is you're trying to ask.
                      A mag an a clip are not the same thing.

So comparing a mag/clip analogy to suppressor/silencer doesn't make sense.

A suppressor, sound suppressor, sound moderator, or silencer is a device attached to or part of the barrel of a firearm or air gun which reduces the amount of noise and visible muzzle flash generated by firing.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        Sad. What a sick fuck. As a former Paramedic, I can tell you that a mass casualty incident like this is a nightmare. My condolences to all the people involved.
                        Even in the military, this scale of MCI is largely unprecedented. A weapon-handling mishap aboard ship would be the only likely incident of this scale.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

A suppressor, sound suppressor, sound moderator,
                          All proper terms.
                          ... or silencer...
                          Not a proper term.

Comment

All proper terms.

Not a proper term.
                            According to?

1. The inventor of the silencer, Hiram Percy Maxim, called it a silencer. If he's the inventor, he gets to name it. His invention, the first credited silencer, was called the Maxim Silencer.

2. It's legally known as a 'Silencer' under 26 USC 5845. The legal term is 'silencer', according to law and according to the ATF.

2. English is about communication, and communication is about being understood. If you told the average person about a 'suppressor', they would think you were talking about a dictator. Everyone knows and UNDERSTANDS the word Silencer.

3. The same right wing NRA guys who eschew left wing political correctness, over super accurate descriptive terms like African American or People of Color, get their panties in a bunch and then argue that 'the term silencer is totally incorrect and conveys a bad Hollywood produced image of the assassin'.

4. Not all terms or words must be completely descriptive, so long as they communicate the idea correctly. For example, it's a 'television', not a 'teleaudiovision'; and we don't say that 'computer' is inaccurate because it does more than compute.

5. Finally, 'silencer' is so much damn cooler than 'sound suppressor'.

Go suck a fuck.

Comment

According to?

1. The inventor of the silencer, Hiram Percy Maxim, called it a silencer. If he's the inventor, he gets to name it. His invention, the first credited silencer, was called the Maxim Silencer.

2. It's legally known as a 'Silencer' under 26 USC 5845. The legal term is 'silencer', according to law and according to the ATF.

2. English is about communication, and communication is about being understood. If you told the average person about a 'suppressor', they would think you were talking about a dictator. Everyone knows and UNDERSTANDS the word Silencer.

3. The same right wing NRA guys who eschew left wing political correctness, over super accurate descriptive terms like African American or People of Color, get their panties in a bunch and then argue that 'the term silencer is totally incorrect and conveys a bad Hollywood produced image of the assassin'.

4. Not all terms or words must be completely descriptive, so long as they communicate the idea correctly. For example, it's a 'television', not a 'teleaudiovision'; and we don't say that 'computer' is inaccurate because it does more than compute.

5. Finally, 'silencer' is so much damn cooler than 'sound suppressor'.

Go suck a fuck.
                              No credit to the original author of the above piece? If you're five then reason number five may "sound cooler."

Comment

All proper terms.

Not a proper term.
                                You are saying Silencerco is wrong?
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X