Trying to find an old Cobra of mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find an old Cobra of mine.

Its a 2003 Sonic Blue with gray stripes (my fathers idea, not mine). I want it back because it was both of ours and with it just passing another ANV of his death I really want the car back. Alas I can not find the VIN on any old paperwork, only have its plate number. If anyone has seen this car I really want to find it. I know it lives in the DFW area.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

I ran the plate and it is no longer in the system. Expired plate numbers and titles get purged from the system if they have not been valid for 4 years. They keep an active archive of titles and may do the same for plates. I would try contacting your insurance agent to see if they still have a record of your policy and if they do they will have the VIN.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They dont. But I think I was with a different company back then just cant remember who.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Did you ever have a toll tag on the car? They have a private data base of plate numbers and you could get the info from them.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Nope, never lived near toll roads so never had a tag.

Comment

Did you ever have any major work done to it, such as body shop paint etc.? If so and you still have the receipts, the Vin may be reported there. Without that Vin number I don’t know of anyway to be able to research the car.

David

Comment

I use a Valvoline oil change place. They record the vin numbers on all my vehicles. Did you use a place like that when you owned the car ?

Comment

What road did you drive it on most? Maybe the road remembers the VIN

Comment

I guarantee the car is salvaged or apart in someones garage.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    What road did you drive it on most? Maybe the road remembers the VIN
                    lmao!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                    X